1.28.2013

Kitchen Update~

Last week I shared a few sneak peeks of how we updated our kitchen. If you recall, since we live in a rental, we can't change the cabinetry or the counter tops. But ever since I upholstered my bar stools, I have been itching to spruce up the rest of the kitchen as well.



And what is the easiest way to give a room a different feel? Why, paint of course! So, last week, we painted the back splash in the kitchen. (And by we, I really mean, the hubby painted while I "supervised".)

Find the befores and afters following the jump...






We used the same charcoal gray that we used for the living room accent wall, Magnetite by Martha Stewart.



The color looks fabulous with the bar stools, and really makes the cabinetry look richer and more sophisticated.  To cap off our new back splash, the hubby added some moulding to the line where the gray meets the cream.



Then, I used some of the same fabric that I used to upholster the bar stools, and create a new window treatment for the kitchen window.



After freshening up the accessories, our kitchen update was done!


The kiddos' collection of rocks.  Love this!

Putting the hand soap on a cake plate makes an accessory out of a necessity.

The kiddos' art supplies add some color to the kitchen.

Small Homes print by Brightside Designs;  Cake Painting by Paul Ferney

It's simply amazing how a little bit of paint and fabric can make such a huge change in a space.   I'm lovin' it!



xoxo
Wendy

Linking to  Best DIY Projects of January party at Beneath My Heart
TDC Before and After

14 comments:

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Very nice! Love your fabric with your new color!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love it! It looks fabulous!! I am a renter also and I am curious...did you ask your landlord or do you just plan on changing it back if you move in the future?

Rachel O. said...

It looks incredible!! That paint color is gorgeous and it totally matches your bar stools perfectly.

Rachel O. said...

It looks incredible!! That paint color is gorgeous and it totally matches your bar stools perfectly.

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

It all looks great. I love dark charcoal paint and have it in my home as well. Everything pops out from it perfectly.

Design_Fluff said...

This turned out really nice! I've got a lot of grey on my walls, and have thought about going to a much darker shade. It definitely brings sophistication to the kitchen cabinets.

Lena said...

It looks great! And I love your kids' rock collection as a decor too:)

Lisa Schott said...

I just love your results! Great job!!

Cynthia said...

Love the updates to the kitchen. The paint and the fabric go great together.

Cynthia

randomcathy.com said...

WOW!

Kara said...

I love the changes Wendy! Also love how you put your soap on a cake plate. Clever and cute!

Christy Wheeler said...

It looks great! I love the Cake Painting! I have been eying some of them for months now.

Jane Craske said...

Looks gorgeous! Great update and without breaking the bank C:

onekriegerchick said...

Wow! What a transformation...I LOVE your Word Art and art supplies for kiddos.