1.24.2013

A Few Kitchen Sneak Peeks~

We've been really busy at our house this week...sprucing up the kitchen.  Ever since I upholstered my bar stools, I've had a bee in my bonnet.   I posted about the ideas I had for our kitchen last week.  But if you missed that post - and don't want to click over - let me briefly recap.


More after the jump...




Because we rent this house, we can't change out the finishes on the cabinetry or the countertops in the kitchen.  But our landlords do allow us to paint.  So I decided that it would be a good idea to paint the back splash and add a bit of moulding.  I also decided to create a new window treatment to coordinate with the pretty, upholstered  bar stools.



A few accessories later and the kitchen feels completely different.  It's amazing how just a few small changes can totally change the feel of a space.



I'll share the entire reveal next week...I hope these sneak peeks will hold you over until then!

Frugal Friday goes live tonight!  Come link up your frugal decor posts!

xoxo
Wendy

4 comments:

Lisa and Joey @ Paintbrush and Screwdriver said...

Can't wait to see it! We painted one wall in my husband's office a dark charcoal gray, and I love it.

You have wonderful landlords!

autumn said...

you are my hero for really making your rental a HOME. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes in the kitchen!

Debra said...

Can't wait to see what you are up to next! :)

Becky Crutcher said...

Sounds exciting! Can't wait to see it! I just shared my Kitchen Before and After's a few days ago so I'll link them up.

Becky @ Posh Pink Giraffe