1.30.2013

4 Fun Valentine's Day Crafts~

Oh my goodness. Did you know that Valentine's Day is in two weeks? Oh, you did?  I see.

Normally, I'm the kind of gal that puts out the Valentine's decorations in mid-January.  But somehow the month got away from me, and I just realized that February starts on Friday. 

Friday? 

Friday! 

So here I am, two days away from the Month o' Love with nary a Valentine-related decoration to be found in my house.

But luckily, I have some grrrrreat Valentine's Day Crafts in the archives...so today, I'm going to share them with you... (and then, I'm going to go pull them out and decorate my house...better late than never, I always say.)

Here's a fun idea for Valentine's cards that you can create with your kiddos.  Quick, easy and adorable!

More sweet heart-day projects after the jump...



I love this sweetheart tree we put up every year.  We simply hang these pretty glittered hearts from branches we find in our yard.  To find out how to make the hearts, check out this post.



 Or you can try your hand at making a darling wreath out of vintage valentines and glitter.  Glitter and Valentine's Day are made for each other. :-)



And finally, here's a super easy no-sew Valentine pouch.  Use it to send love notes to your family all through the month of February!


Have a lovely day!

xoxo
Wendy

4 comments:

Seaside Interiors said...

I love the valentines tree you did! I have a bunch of valentine colored paint chips and I was trying to figure out something to do with them. Looks like this is the winner! I am a new follower. If you get a chance, I would love for you to stop over and check out my site, Helen www.abritofhappiness.blogspot.com

ELENI FITSAKI said...

It is nice idea to decorate your home also for the Valentine's month, just like we do for Christmas Days! Oh, I have a question :do you send love notes ALL the February? I mean there is no "Don't be late again otherwise I will kill you", in the pouch? Nice post! I am new follower too and I would appreciate to have a look to my blog and to follow me: http://imagineyourhomes.wordpress.com/

Lisa and Joey @ Paintbrush and Screwdriver said...

"Glitter and Valentine's Day are made for each other. :-)"

That's perfect! I love it!!

Chris said...

I can't wait to do the valentine's cards for my boys - I've been wanting to do them for years, and time always gets away from me...not this year! Thanks for sharing!
I'm a new follower (but have been really following you for a long time!) - I hope you will stop by and say hi too!
Chris aka Freckle Face Girl
http://frecklefaceathome.blogspot.com/