|Me, Staci, Michelle, Brooke (host of Studio 5), Kami, Vanessa (photo credit: Staci from The Potters Place)|
I've been on Studio 5 before, but being on with other bloggers was a lot of fun! I loved seeing what they all came up with.
Here's the ornament I shared...
I call it a "snowing ornament" for obvious reasons :-) and here's how I made it.
1. Gather up your supplies. You will need:
- clear glass ornament
- snowflake shaped paper punch
- white paper
- clear elastic sewing tape or fishing line
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- wired ribbon
3. Eyeball measurements for your strips of elastic tape or fishing line and cut with scissors. (I tried to make mine different lengths so that the snowflakes would appear to be falling.)
4. Attach snowflakes to elastic tape with a dot of hot glue.
5. Remove metal top of ornament, and with tweezers, lower the tape with snowflakes glued to it into the glass ornament. Use the tweezers to gently reshape the snowflakes. (Honestly, this step can be a bit frustrating, so be patient, it will be worth it in the end.)
6. Fold the tape carefully over the top of the ornament and attach to the outside with another dot of hot glue.
7. Once all the tape is glued on, put the top back on the ornament.
8. Slip a piece of wired ribbon through the metal loop and tie.
I love them....they look so elegant on the tree!
A big THANKS to Studio 5 for having me take part in their 1 Day 5 Ways Challenge! I had so much fun! You can watch the segment below!