Okay, I realize it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but today we're talking Gingerbread Houses....and we're talking about them because I have something fun to share.
Do you love building Gingerbread Houses? If so, you'll definitely be interested in the 3rd Annual Gingerbread House Contest sponsored by Ivory Homes. Not only do you have the chance to win money for your creation...if you win, Ivory Homes will also donate money to the charity of your choice!
The Gingerbread House Festival will be held on December 1, 2012 at the Garden Park Clubhouse in the Daybreak Community in South Jordan, Utah. If you are not a Utah local...keep reading...there's a way you can be involved too. To enter the contest you can build a gingerbread house based on one of the home designs from Ivory Homes. (Click here to see all of their great home designs).
The prizes are:
- $1000 for 1st place (+ $1000 donation to a charity of your choice)
- $500 for 2nd place (+$500 donation to a charity of your choice)
- $250 for 3rd place (+250 donation to a charity of your choice)
My gingerbread building prowess certainly isn't on that level. But I have a couple of favorite Ivory homes I'd like to try to recreate in gingerbread if I suddenly gain some mad gingerbread skillz...
The Hampton has long been one of my favorite Ivory Homes...
And I really love the Briarwood as well (wouldn't it make an adorable gingerbread house?)...
If you'd like to try your hand at some gingerbread house building you can find all the official rules and details here.
Oh, and one more thing! Here's where you can be involved even if you're not a Utah local. There are five Utah bloggers - myself included - who are going to be hosting a joint linky party from November 27th-30th for anyone who wants to build a gingerbread house based on one of the Ivory Homes designs! And get this...Ivory Homes has generously offered cash prizes for the top three gingerbread houses that are linked up. (More information on how those houses will be judged is forthcoming). 1st prize will be $200, 2nd prize will be $100, and 3rd prize will be $50.
Here's the low-down on the link party...
- Create a gingerbread house based on an Ivory Homes home design.
- House must be 100% edible.
- There is an official "I'm participating in the Ivory Homes Gingerbread House Contest" badge which must be included in your post and linked to the following address: http://ivoryhomes.com/blog/index.php/ivory-homes-annual-gingerbreadcontest-2/
- Post must also include an image of the Ivory Homes home that the gingerbread house is modeled after.
So start building those gingerbread houses! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
All images via Ivory Homes. I was compensated for this post by Ivory Homes. All opinions expressed are 100% mine.