10.03.2012

Window Shopping~

So I ran into Target the other night to buy something glamorous like garbage bags or the like, when I happened to glance at their fall home decor collections.  ( Now, let me state right here, I am not affiliated with Target, I'm just posting this for fun.)  Perhaps it's because I just finished designing an equestrian-themed space for a client...or perhaps it's just my own love of all things equestrian, but I was really smitten with their new equestrian-themed accents.


I was immediately taken with this herringbone magazine holder.  The leather belt-detail for the handle was just the right touch.  Classic. 




This vase in the shape of a trophy cup is adorable.  They had these in a couple of different sizes.  Wouldn't they look great in a bookcase?

 I absolutely love this horse silhouette pillow.  The simplicity is perfection.

I have been trying to talk my mom out of her vintage horse ribbons for ages.  But this might just be the next best thing.  Reproduction framed horse ribbons.  Soooo cute!



 Again with the herringbone and belt detail.  This frame strikes a great balance between sophistication and whimsy.




And okay, so I realize these book ends aren't equestrian themed, but they were part of the same collection...and I think the little dog is too cute, so I had to include it! ;-)


So now I'm busy trying to figure out a space in my home that could use some equestrian accents for the fall.  Lol! 

Tell me, dear reader, do you window shop?  Does it make you want to switch up your house?   I'd love to know.  Weigh in in the comments.
 

4 comments:

Kathryn J Cain said...

I love the bag....and the pillow...and love horses....and would love to have my own real horse...but having grown up around them....I know the true needs and space and do not have either....so I will dream

Logan said...

I've been window shopping Target for about a month now. Their new "Shops" are wonderful! They definitely make me want to change up my house. I love the equestrian-themed stuff and I love how they incorporate textural fabric into everything for fall. They have tons of little things that I want to use to add a little fall to every room.

Jane Craske said...

Love a good window shop and I've been on the hunt for the silver version of that white cup since I saw Ina Garten use it for nuts on her show, forever ago.

Cynthia said...

I lover that bag. I love to window whop and you have been looking for womthing and it is right there in front of you for a bargain.

Cynthia