10.30.2012

Loft Bedroom: "Built-in" Bed Progress~

Just a little update for you today...last week I shared with you the design for the "built-in" bed that is going into the loft bedroom space for my oldest son.


Rough Sketch of What the Bed will Look Like


Well, on Saturday, my Papa delivered the bed! It wasn't completely finished...it still needed to be sanded, primed and painted - but I am more than happy to do that part since he so graciously built it for us.

So I spent today getting it all sanded, and hopefully I can get it primed and painted within the next few days. What I'm most excited about right now are the drawers. I am in L.O.V.E. with the "x" trim detail on them.  And my dad added a recessed pull underneath so that we don't have to put hardware on them and detract from the trim.  They are simply awesome!



Now to decide which color to paint them.  I asked him, but Boy #1 doesn't really have an opinion, so I guess it's up to me.  I know that I want them to be gray...it's just out between the light gray in our master bedroom and the dark gray in our living room.


Lighter Gray in Master Bedroom:  Stonewall Jackson by Dutch Boy


Dark Gray in Living Room: Magnetite by Martha Stewart

 Decisions, decisions.

I'm really excited for this room to come together...can't wait to get the bed in place!  Stay tuned!

Have a great day~

xoxo
Wendy

3 comments:

Hi I'm Shannon! said...

I'm sure either will look great. Guess it depends on the bedding?

I'm sure you'll pick perfect :) It's a great design! I love the cross section detail.

Ella said...

I think either would look great! I honestly either err on the darker side to show less scuffing & dirt or go white so I can bleach it if needed, especially with kids/boys. So let me throw you another option what about combining the two shades of grey & inventing a new one that's more in the middle?

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

This is going to look so great! I think the light gray would look great, but either would work!