10.10.2012

Halloween Craft with the Kiddos: Mr. Bottle Bones~

Last year, the kiddos and I ran across this Halloween project from Family Fun Magazine that they reeeaaalllly wanted to make:  Mr. Bottle Bones.



Thing is, it takes 8 gallon-size plastic milk bottles to make, and it was too close to Halloween to save up that many.  So this year, I started saving milk bottles in September, and we finally had enough a few days ago.




So I printed up the plans (also found here) and went to work.  This project is not difficult (although it involves hot glue and scissors - so kiddos will definitely need an adult to do a lot of the project)  but it is time consuming.  Just so you know. ;-)



After cutting and hot gluing for over an hour, Mr. Bottle Bones finally came together.  I put him on the front door just long enough to get that top photo, and then the kids wanted to play with him.  Boy #3 is especially fond of him - perhaps because they are the same height.  Lol!




It's not too late to make a Mr. Bottle Bones of your own - that is, if your family are big milk drinkers- ha!  But, if they're not, you might want to file this idea for next year.  It's a fun one!

Have a great day~

4 comments:

Debbie @ OtRD said...

So cute!! Love this idea!

Debra said...

This is so cute and I can see why the kids would love to make something like this!

Donnamae said...

I just found your blog, and wanted to tell you that my son made the same skeleton when he was 10... And it's still going strong! (He's 28 now!). He attached it to a broom handle, and it fits into our flag holder...so he really moves when it's windy! Nice to see the plans are still out there!! ;)

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hello, new follower here! I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/autumn-giveaway-clever-chicks-blog-hop-4.html
I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy
The Chicken Chick


Yours in poultry,
Kathy Mormino
The Chicken ChickTM


Join me on Facebook
Follow my blog: www.The-Chicken-Chick.com