10.10.2012

Crock Pot Cooking: Baked Potatoes~

I adore Fall.  It is my absolute favorite time of the year!  But it is also when life starts to get reaalllly busy.  So this year I have decided that I am going to simplify dinner time by making good use of the old Crock Pot.   I just love my crock pot!!


And I recently discovered that you can make fabulous baked potatoes right in your crock pot.  It's true.  From raw to baked in only 7 hours!  (Okay, yes, that is a bit tongue in cheek, but I am TRULY excited about this.)

I don't claim to be the first one to come up with this idea.  I've seen it floating around the internets here and there.  But here's my easy-peasy crock pot baked potato recipe.  If you can really call it a recipe.  Lol!


At my house we like red potatoes, so that's what I used, but this works equally well with Russets...although you might have to add an hour or so of cooking time.

Step 1.  Pick out and wash 6 or so potatoes.  Then prick them with a fork.
Step 2.  Wrap each potato in tin foil.
Step 3.  Place potatoes in crock pot, and cook on low setting for 7 hours.  (Again, I would probably add an hour or so to the cooking time if you are using russets.)

Enjoy!

Seriously.  That's it.  It's a fabulous way to enjoy baked potatoes with any meal.  Pop them in the crock pot in the morning and they're ready by dinner.  Love it!

Do you have any great crock pot meals?  Anything surprising that you make in the crock pot??  I'd love to know.

Have a great day~

5 comments:

Jocelyn Pascall said...

I love this idea because sometimes potatoes can take so long. Yummy!

Barbara Hiatt said...

I'm a HUGE Crock Pot fan, I love this! Pinning it!
Barbara at Chase the Star
chasethestar dot net

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What an easy and yummy slow cooker recipe! YUMMY!

Myna Kay said...

I have heard of baking potatoes in the crock pot but I have never tried it. I think I will!

Debra said...

Who knew...love it!

(mostly for summer when the kitchen is too hot! )