9.12.2012

Simple and Inexpensive Autumn Decor

The weather has turned cooler around here the past few days.  I actually wore a sweater and cords today.  I LOVE FALL!  It's my favorite time of the year!  So this change in the weather is welcome and has me in the mood to decorate!

So now I am in the planning stages of this year's autumn decor, and I decided to look back through my old blog posts to see what I have done the past few years.  (Anyone else do that?.....No?.....Anyone?.....Bueller?) 

Today's post is adapted from one that I wrote a couple of years ago...because it's my blog, and I can do that. ;-)

Okay, seriously though,  today I wanted to share a few ideas that take just minutes and will make your house look Autumn-y festive! Oh yeah, and they're very easy on the pocket book. Which is the important thing in my world...remember Luxe for Less!

One of my favorite Autumn planter box ideas....sugar pumpkins nestled into mounds of dried hydrangea. The color and texture are simply gorgeous.  These are real, but faux pumpkins would work equally as well.



Another idea is to fill planter boxes with small gourds and jack-be-littles surrounded by fall foliage. (Just a hint: fake leaves purchased from the dollar store look realistic from a distance and maintain their color regardless of the weather.)






And finally, for a super simple centerpiece, try using a few a branches of bittersweet in a clear pitcher.  Beautiful.





Tell me, my dear readers...anyone else planning out their fall decor?  Have you already decorated?  Do you think it's still summer and I'm jumping the gun?  Chime in in the comments.

And if you are interested in autumn inspiration from past years, you can find it here, here, and here.

4 comments:

Jeanna Whittington said...

Lovely home decor for the season.
http://barnyardchic.forumotion.com/

Pam Bury said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cynthia said...

I love these ideas and decor. Looks great

Cynthia

Dixie n Dottie said...

Love your Fall decor. Would also love if you'd join our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Happy Friday! :)
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_09_10_archive.html