9.18.2012

Super Simple Glitter Pumpkins, Some Exciting News and A Stencil Winner~

Whew! How's that for a wordy title??

When I shared my Fall Tablescape with you I promised that I would tell you  how I created my pretty, glitter pumpkins.  So that's what I want to do today.  Aren't you EXCITED??


I had seen some glitter pumpkins in a magazine a while back and was determined to make some this year.  The process seemed a bit time consuming, however.  And honestly, this year (okay really every year) time consuming just wasn't going to work for me.

But when I was putting away the paint from my laundry room makeover, I found this in my paint stash...

 
I won it at a blog event last year, and was never quite sure what I wanted to do with it...and that's when inspiration hit me!   Why not use it on my orange faux pumpkins??  I was never completely sold on the "too orange-y" color of them, and I was hoping that the glitter spray would tone them down. (Just want to insert right here, that I have no affiliation with Krylon - I just wanted to post this for fun!)



It did exactly what I'd hoped!  I sprayed it lightly with a few coats, so it was a bit translucent.  It allowed some of the orange to peek through, but the gold glitter definitely toned it down.  I love it!



I've been considering trying out some other shades of Glitter Blast (like silver) on some of the blue or green varieties of pumpkins just for fun.  But it's slightly pricey (I priced it at Hobby Lobby for $7.99) so I'm not sure if I want to use it on perishable pumpkins or not.  Maybe I can find some more faux pumpkins for a good price.  :-)  Anyone have a good source for faux pumpkins??  If so, let me know in the comments pretty please.

Now for my exciting news!  This coming Sunday, I will be curating a sale for Joss&Main!  I'm super excited about the great merchandise I've chosen for the sale and can't wait for you all to see it!!  For those of you who aren't signed up with Joss&Main, membership is by invitation only...so I am giving you an invitation...you can sign up here to take advantage of their great sales!  And make sure to look for my curated sale going live Sunday evening! Woot woot!

And finally, the winner of the Cutting Edge stencil giveaway is Katie who said "I love the Rabat Pattern, I'd use it as an accent wall in a bedroom with a metallic base coat."  Congratulations Katie! Please drop  me an email, and we'll get you set up with your prize!

That's all for now!  Have a great day~

10 comments:

Jocelyn Pascall said...

So cute and easy! I love projects that involve a spray can and only minutes for total satisfaction.

Barbara Hiatt said...

So easy and pretty! Love it! I'm looking for a source for inexpensive faux pumpkins too so I hope someone comments about that! Congrats on Joss & Main!

Barbara at Chase the Star
chasethestar dot net

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love these pumpkins- so cute! i have seen that paint but was afraid to buy it without seeing it in action.... not afraid anymore!

Peggy said...

We have a tendency to purchase faux pumpkins at Hobby Lobby using the 40% coupons or when they are on sale for 50% off. They can still be a bit pricey but can be used from year to year so it makes them less expensive than real ones.

Cynthia said...

So pretty I love them! So easy and a great idea.

One bolt short of a toolbox said...

Looks fantastic!!

Jan @Door251

Emily said...

Believe it or not, Dollar General has some pretty decent faux pumpkins. And if you're going to spray paint them...it's ok to go cheap.

Mrs Mike said...

Wow, these look great!! Thanks for the idea! I just use my coupon at Michael's, but I don't use them all over the house, so just a couple work for me. Can't wait to see your collection on Joss&Main!

prairieharmony said...

Very cute! I am seeing so many creative ways to decorate pumpkins this year. Thank you for sharing :)

Amanda said...

I love these!! anything gold & glittery score in my book! Love your outdoor pumpkins as well. Congrats on the Joss & Main sale-I'll be on the lookout for it.