9.18.2012

Easy Ideas for a Pretty Fall Tablescape~

Autumn is definitely my favorite time of the year.  And it is finally starting to feel like fall outside around here.  The mornings are crisp. I can wear a sweater almost all day.  It's a beautiful thing. 

So it was really easy for me to get inspired to pull together a pretty fall tablescape.  The thing is, I wanted to create a tablescape that was not only pretty, but affordable. (Luxe for Less, remember?)  And I think I was able to do it!  Let me tell you how...

Fall Tablescape by the Shabby Nest

First of all, I decided that although I would use mostly traditional fall colors for my tablescape, I wanted to incorporate a touch of green.  What really inspired me were the fun, glitter-y acorns which I found for a screaming deal at Tai Pan ( A local wholesale decor store - I have written about Tai Pan before here). 

Fall Tablescape using Succelents by The Shabby Nest


Fall Tablescape Using Succelents by The Shabby Nest

After I decided on my palette, I shopped the house.  I pulled out my brown and white damask tablecloth, grabbed some of my cute little succulent plants (to continue with the green), pulled out my yellow dishes, grabbed my wooden dough bowl and vase, and raided my fall decor storage for my faux pumpkins. 


Fall Tablescape with Glittered Pumpkins by The Shabby Nest

Fall Tablescape by The Shabby Nest

I wasn't happy with the orange pumpkins, however, and I wanted to glam up the table setting a bit more, so I treated those pumpkins to a little glitter.  I'll share how I did that later this week. 

Fall Tablescape by The Shabby Nest

After popping some faux autumn leaves into the vase, I put it all together and was so pleased with how it all turned out!


Fall Tablescape by The Shabby Nest
Here are my tips for creating a great tablescape with an itty-bitty budget...

1. Shop the house.
2. Don't be afraid to use items that aren't typical for the season/holiday.
3. Think outside the box when it comes to your color scheme.
4. Make sure you use levels - mix up the heights of your items - I even placed one of my pumpkins on a candlestick to give it a little bit of height.
5. Texture is good.  Mix it up.  Glitter, wood, smooth, rough.  Just like any vignette or display, tablesettings that incorporate different textures are more interesting!



Fall Tablescape by The Shabby Nest


Have a great day~

Linking up to....

6 comments:

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Lovely simple but elegant and uncluttered. I love it!!

Sherry said...

It all looks so pretty and I love those acorns!!!

Fine House said...

Looks great, I love being able to shop the house!

Cynthia said...

I shop in my home a lot. This year I needed to go outside of house because I needed some items but I was frugal.

Love your fall table. Simple Elegance.

Cynthia

Jocelyn Pascall said...

Really cute! I love the glittery pumpkins.

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

Love that you used succulents! Never would have thought of that for fall, but it really works!