9.21.2012

Breathing Life into a Boring Room with Color~

I'm going to admit this right at the beginning of this post.  I'm a neutral-loving girl.  Give me a white room with linen, gray, flax, or white furniture, subtle accents, and texture and I'm in heaven.  Inevitably, when I get on Pinterest or browse through a shelter mag and look at all of the fabulous interiors, those are the sorts of rooms I'm drawn to. 

That said, in this house, I've been expanding my color horizons.  I've been shaking things up a bit (or actually a lot) with some rather bold color choices.  And you know what?  It's been a blast.  So although I still love neutrals, colorful rooms are finding a place in my heart as well.

Let's check out a few of  my more daring choices, shall we?

First up, my boys' bedroom.  If you'll recall, it started out looking like this.




Yawn.

But then I decided to add some stripes.



Oh yeah, much better.  Hard to believe it's even the same space.  Lol!


Now let's take a look at the kids' bathroom before. 




I used the same color as I did in the boys' room to liven up this space.



Quite a difference, huh?

And perhaps you'll recall my laundry room reveal from a couple of weeks ago.  Here's the boring before.



And the amazing after.


Color can really be transform a space.  But sometimes adding color can be a bit daunting.  That's where Glidden's My Colortopia website can really be a help.  I posted about My Colortopia a while back and how you can find out your color personality using their My Life My Colors tool.  I also shared how you can upload a photo to their My Image Inspiration tool, and have it generate a palette for you.



Now My Colortopia has added a new section to their site called Show Your Colors where readers can show their own before and after photos to inspire others.  This is a great way to gain inspiration by seeing how paint has transformed other people's homes or to SHOW OFF your own before/after paint projects!  In fact, you can even upload  your photos below if you'd like!




So if you're like me and are in the mood for a bit of color, or you're trying to get some color inspiration, OR just simply want to browse, go check out the new Show Your Colors section of the My Coloropia site and have fun!

I have been sponsored by Glidden® brand paint to wirte this post but the thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

7 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love the blue stripes in the boys room and the bathroom, so bold and just perfect. Your laundry room is fabulous also. Hugs, Marty

Iskrica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jocelyn Pascall said...

I am SO obsessed with your laundry closet...seriously. Love the other pics too!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Wow! Not only are you adding color, you're adding pattern. I love it! And yes, I'm a little intimidated to try the pattern. But, you pull it off fabulously!!

Katies Life Ever After said...

Ok - you are just ROCKIN' it all! Your spaces are to die for! I'm loving the bold choices. They all still have a calmness to them with your accessories! Awesome job!! Have a great weekend, Katie

Melanie said...

Wow..those rooms you redid look amazing!!! And thanks for sharing that website..I'm going to go check it out!

Melissa Whitcher said...

Absolutely love that blue! The baskets with the little white lining just fit the theme perfectly too.
Thanks for sharing.

Melissa
redflycreations.blogspot.com