8.18.2012

Saturday Question~

Good grief  I just realized how long it has been since I've posted a Saturday question. I love getting to hear all about you, my amazing readers, so I thought today would be a good day to start posting those Saturday questions again.



Tonight, we're having our annual Back-to-School dinner for the kiddos, a tradition that we started four years ago. This year all of my kiddos will be in school, so this year's dinner is special because it marks the first year all of the kiddos are really celebrating (or despairing, not sure which. Lol!)  I can't believe they head back next week!  Where did the summer go? 

But, I'll post all about our little soiree next week...because today I want to hear from you.


What are  your back-to-school traditions - or if you don't have any kiddos - did you have any back-to-school traditions when you were a child?

Inquiring minds want to know.  ;-)

Have a great rest-of-the-weekend.

xoxo
Wendy

7 comments:

Jacquelineand.... said...

When my daughter was still wee she would have a friend over for the night on the weekend before school started; we'd watch movies, make up fun snacks, and have a school fashion makeover.

She complains now that she lives too far away for us to do this before she goes back to uni...and I confess to missing it as well.

Kathryn J Cain said...

Happy back to school ...and looks fun....check out Funky Junk Interiors and keep her family in your thought...blog love and blog care

Leslie said...

We always read "The Kissing Hand" the night before school starts. Even my 12 year old expects to hear it still.

gina defraia said...

Oh I like the idea of having a traditon. OUr son isn't in school yet, but I think I will definitely have to start something.
Gina
www.meetmaxwell.blogspot.com

Tricia said...

We have dinner together then watch a movie. Buying back packs is always a big deal too ; o )

Good Time Charlie said...

Every year, since my children have started school, we have gone out to eat for dinner. This year, my oldest was so busy with leadership, already even before school began, that we changed our tradition to a back to school breakfast. My husband rearranged his work schedule so we could all go together. For the last 5 years, we have gone to exact same spot. A diner that is right around the corner from us. We love it.

Jeannette said...

Every year, about two weeks before school begins, I take my two granddaughters to lunch and then we hit Staples for school supply shopping. They get whatever they want and it makes us all happy! It's been a tradition for several years now. They are both getting older and I will miss this special day when they go off to college.