8.30.2012

Frugal Friday~

Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday! 

So glad you all can join me!  This week we will be wishing a fond farewell to the Fan Favorite category.  Not as many people participate in it as I hoped, and so I've decided that this will be it's swan song.

And so the final Frugal Friday Fan Favorite is this set of beautiful twin beds posted by Fab Rehab Creations.  The makeover is simply stunning!



Of course, my Frugal Round-up will continue each week as usual.  So on to this week's round-up...


First, Crafted Niche shared her darling Union Jack Bedside Table redo.  I love the neutral take on the Union Jack motif and she includes a great tutorial on how to make your own chalk paint!



Next, Love Pomegranate House shared a super-easy and incredibly clever DIY Solar Power light tutorial.  I'm seriously going to make me a few of these for my patio.  So cute!!




Finally, Atkinson Drive shared her super simple Chevron Wall treatment.  I. love. this.  It's perfect!


You know "da rules"...

1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.

2. Please link back the Shabby Nest (you can use the pretty new button on my side bar to make it easy.) I only feature projects in my Frugal Round-up that link back to The Shabby Nest. I have passed up some great features because they didn't link back..so please use common courtesy and return the link! MWAH!!

3. Please visit other participants and leave them comments! Help them feel "the love!" 

27 comments:

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

I had to go comment on those twin beds last week! Those are gorgeous! Love the gray!
-Trish

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Those twin beds are to die for! Thanks for hosting, Wendy!

suzyq said...

I've been in love with those beds since they were first posted - unbelievable!
Thanks so much for hosting :)

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Lovely features! thanks for hosting :)
<3 Christina

Allison@FabRehab said...

Thank you SO very much for featuring my beds! Thanks for hosting!

Penny said...

Those beds are gorgeous! Thanks for hosting a great party each week! Penny

Vintage Street Designs said...

Thank you for hosting another sweet party!!! Those twin beds are to die for! :)

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Thank you so much for hosting! Have a great weekend!

jociegal said...

Love those beds!!! Amazing.

Nici - Posed Perfection said...

Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Nici

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said...

I love those twin beds! Thanks for the party, Wendy! XO, Aimee

Kathryn J Cain said...

working on stuff but not done...Me I have a twin bed, that will go to my grand daughter...Was bought to sell,then found out a move for my son and family...tears...moving. so when they told me of the house they will move to...the bed will got to my granddaughter...she has my bed, a double bed,that I worked on when I was...16,this bed is too big for her and she is not sleeping comfortable in it....wrought iron with brass trim...beautiful, I painted gloss black for their new room when we visit....so her bed....love what you did....really love the look....I am going with shades of aqua,turq,teal....she likes the ocean .....so that is the plan...

Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers said...

Thanks for hosting!

Patricia Torres said...

The twin beds are impressive... but the solar lights stole my heart.. Im surely going to try these too.. Linking in today.. and sure hope to see you drop by at Colours Dekor.. :)

Mary said...

Great features! Thanks for hosting!

Alderberry Hill said...

Thanks for hosting this fun party every week, have a fab Friday!

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the party! I really appreciate being able to link up and share my projects. :)

xo-Kimberly {allons-y kimberly}

The Busy Bee's said...

Thanks for hosting. Have a great Labor Day weekend!
The Busy Bee's.
http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com

Foy Update said...

It is canning season here in the Midwest. I shared how the plan I made in January to put up and preserve food is going and my recipe for seasoned tomato sauce and pizza sauce.

Thanks for hosting!

We just started a blog hop called Eat Make Grow and we are always looking for quality bloggers to submit their links.

Stop on by if you get the chance:

http://foyupdate.blogspot.com/search?q=eat+make+grow&max-results=20&by-date=true

Foy

Chrissy Jordan said...

I have seen those solar lights in the store for ridiculously cheap lately! I think I might have to go out and snag some now! Thanks for hosting! :)

Rebekah Greiman said...

My bro in law made those solar lights for me a couple of years ago. I loved them! Today, I linked up my Non-Toxic DIY Laundry Softener (#308). It works great, it's super cheap, requires just two ingredients and leaves you laundry fluffy fresh. Hope you enjoy! Have a great holiday!
Rebekah-www.potholesandpantyhose.com

daisypetals said...

Enjoy your weekend! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Barbara Hiatt said...

Thank you so much for hosting!
Barbara @ Chase the Star

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thank you for hosting, Wendy :)
Finally linked up... having computer problems :(

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Wendy, thanks for hosting... enjoy the weekend!

Recreate and Decorate said...

Hi first time linking up with you! Thanks!
Wanda

Little Treasures said...

Hello Wendy,

it's my first time here linking up and I felt obliged to come and say hello first!
There are some seriously cute links I will have to check out!

Maya