8.02.2012

Frugal Friday~

Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday!

As you may recall, I was playing bloggy hookie last week because my younger sis is visiting from Southern California and we were too busy playing!  So, to make up for not compiling my Frugal Round-up last week, I am doing a double-sized edition this week with links from both parties.

First up though, the Fan Favorite from last week.  This great family command center was shared by Kaminski's Creations.  I love me a good command center.


Now for my Frugal Round-up...

I noticed that there were a lot of great projects featuring stripes the past couple of weeks so my Frugal Round-up is all about stripes.

I loved this clever striped dresser from Chrissie's Collections.  Check out the adorable pulls (and when you click over,  make sure you see the great drawer liners inside).



More fabulous black and white stripes adorn this darling drop-leaf side table shared by Fab Rehab Creations. 


Liz Marie Blog shared this cute DIY striped rug.  So easy and fun!

And here's another cute dresser redo shared by Freddie and Petunia.  This one all done up in patriotic red, white, and blue!
And last but not least, I loved this simple DIY shared by Turtles and Tails...striped wooden spoons !  How cute are these??

Now it's your turn!

You know "da rules"...

1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.

2. Please link back the Shabby Nest (you can use the pretty new button on my side bar to make it easy.) I only feature projects in my Frugal Round-up that link back to The Shabby Nest. I have passed up some great features because they didn't link back..so please use common courtesy and return the link! MWAH!!

3. Please visit other participants and leave them comments! Help them feel "the love!" And don't forget to "like" your favorite posts so they can become the "FAN FAVORITE!"

22 comments:

Kerry Rossow said...

Thank you so much for hosting! Love all the stripes!
Kerry at HouseTalkN

suzyq said...

Thanks so much for hosting - stripes are my favorites!!! And these ones are spectacular
Have a wonderful wknd
Hugs,
Suzan

Allison@FabRehab said...

Thank you for hosting and THANK YOU for the feature!!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Thank you so much for the great party!!

Chrissie said...

Thanks so much for showing my striped dresser! Have a wonderful week!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks for hosting Frugal Friday. I added a very frugal burlap covered headboard this week. Love the dressers your featured.
Joy@aVintageGreen

Jaime Lyn said...

Thank you so much for hosting! It has been awhile since I have had anything to link up, so I am excited to be here!!
Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

Good Time Charlie said...

Love all the stripey yumminess! Thank you for the party ;)

SwedishCorner-DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thank you so much for hosting, Wendy! Have a lovely weekend :) Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Stephanie Hill said...

Wendy,
Thanks so much for hosting us! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :D
~Stephanie @ LadyWithTheRedRocker.com

Heidi Fowler said...

Thanks for hosting. I know your site is super busy, but I would love it if you would link to my “Best Linky Parties on the Web” linky page on my website: OneCreativeMommy.com. It will make it so much easier for me and my followers to find you each week! (I would also love it if you joined my One Creative Weekend Party every Friday.)

Laurel Stephens said...

I just love all the stripes. Thanks so much for hosting your party today.

Kimberly @ A Night Owl said...

Thanks for hosting Wendy! Love that flag dresser, great feature!

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

Wendy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to put your awesome party together for us.

Wishing you a great weekend!

xoxo

Rebekah Greiman said...

Good morning! I have been making No-Cal & Low-Cal Summer Drinks (#239) to help combat this ridiculous heat. We are officially in a drought! I hope you have a great and cooler week than we are and thanks for hosting the party!
Rebekah-www.potholesandpantyhose.com

Alderberry Hill said...

So happy for the party, thanks for hosting!
Hoping you have a fab weekend!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

I love the rub by Liz Marie Blog....but then I would...since I created the rug that I'm sharing here I can't wait to create more. Totally fun!!
This is a first for me...I'm a newbie to the blogging scene. But, a long-time reader.
Thanks for hosting such a wonderful gathering!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

As always, thanks so much for hosting! Have a great weekend!

Alyssa@Clever Nest said...

I'm sharing how I made our padded headboard in a weekend, for $80!

Thanks for hosting, I'm hyperlinking to this link party in my post.

<3 Alyssa

www.myclevernest.com

The Alchemist said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a great weekend.

Melissa @ The Alchemist

Olah Momma! said...

Lovely features!

Thank you for hosting this blog hop. Following your twitter, FB, Pinterest and GFC. This blof hop is listed on our Sunday Blog Hops Directory where you can also have fun hopping.

The Quiet Mom blogging How to Cook Fresh Artichoke Recipe

Also, don't miss this: 12 Major Reasons to Use Self-Hosted WordPress for Blogging and Selling Your Products Online + Custom Blog or Social Network Button Giveaway

Kathy Moody said...

Thank you so much for hosting. The features are great. Have a great weekend. :)