8.21.2012

5 Easy Ways to Freshen Up Your Master Bedroom~

I mentioned in my last post, that the beginning of the school year always feels like a fresh start to me.  And along with that fresh start, I always feel the need to update my decor.  But, let's face it.  Redecorating can be expensive.  And since, this blog is all about Luxe For Less, today I'm going to talk about how to freshen up a space without spending a lot of money.

This post is adapted from one which I originally wrote as a contributer to the Fifthroom Living Blog...I hope you find it helpful.


Let's start with the master bedroom.  When we think of the master bedroom, we think of a retreat.  But often times, we pay less attention to our Master Bedrooms than we do to the public spaces of our homes that are seen more often by others.  But since we all deserve a place to relax after the hectic pace of the day, today I'm going to share 5 simple ways to give your Master Bedroom the attention it deserves and to make it a place that you will want to unwind and relax.

1.       Add window treatments.  Because bedrooms require privacy, the windows in most master bedrooms are already treated with blinds.  But a  lot of times, we stop there and dont add anything more.  Adding draperies to windows gives them a feeling of sophistication and the fabric also provides a softening element to the space.  It's a great way to make a room feel finished.

2.       Paint.  Our bedrooms should be a reflection of who we are, and the color we put on the walls is one way to instantly personalize a space.  So choose your favorite color  (even if it is bold and bright) and add it to your walls.  It will add instant personality.  I'm betting you can look at these photos and tell that I love neutrals, huh?  That's what we're going for.

 
3.       Get some new bedding.   New bedding adds an instant facelift to a room.  And since bedding is a relatively small investment compared to most, you don't have to feel guilty for switching it out if you get bored.  Even just switching out pillows or a seasonal quilt on the bed will create an entirely new feeling.

 

4.       Add some seating.  This may seem obvious to some, but many bedrooms actually lack additional seating.  You con't have to go add an entire sofa, just a simple chair will do.  But having a place to sit down adds a level of coziness to a room that can't be matched.

5.       Add flowers.  Flowers add the perfect finishing touch to a bedroom.  In fact, studies have shown that flowers can elevate the  mood and increase overall feelings of well-being.  I love to wake up and see fresh flowers in my bedroom, it's a great way to start the day.

      So if you're like me and Fall feels like a new beginning to you, now might be the time to try incorporating one or all of these easy spruce-ups in your master bedroom.  You just might be surprised at how easy it is to enjoy a space that is all your own.

xoxo
Wendy

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Just this morning I looked at my bedroom and thought about making some changes!! Even though I no longer have a child in school, the start of the school year seems like a new start! Something in the air I guess!!