7.16.2012

Growth Charts~

My kids are growing up so fast. Two weeks ago, my oldest turned 12. Twelve. 1-2. It's hard for me to wrap my head around it. And last week, I took my three boys for their semi-annual appointments with their pediatric GI at Primary Children's Hospital to check the status of their Alpha-1

As they always do at a doctor appointment, the nurse started out by weighing and measuring the boys.  I was taking mental notes (as I usually do) of the boys' current heights and weights.  And I was slightly awed by the fact that my 12-year-old is only about 3" shorter than his mama.  Yep.  It won't be long now until he is taller than I am.


So after the boys' appointment, I was thinking that it was a good idea to start up another growth chart.   We have had various growth charts through the years.  And we have marked the kiddos heights on door jambs, etc.  I have been loving this ruler growth chart from my friend Jennie at Dear Lillie for quite a while now.

photo via Dear Lillie

I even tried to buy one, but darn if those things don't sell out in a hurry.  But wouldn't you know it?  A couple of weeks ago, she held a giveaway for one of these darlin's and I actually won!!  It arrived in the mail not to long ago, but I hadn't yet put it up on the wall.  After my boys' appointment, I hurried to pull it out and hang it up.  So now I have a great (and portable) growth chart to record my kiddos' heights.


It looks adorable on on the wall between the dining room and living room in our house.  And the kiddos are making good use of it. :-)

It got me thinking about different kinds of portable growth charts (because I am a renter and I like the idea of charts that go from house to house) and I found a few cute ones that I wanted to share with you all today. (And no, I was not compensated in any way for posting about these...I just wanted to share.)

Check out this fabulous version that has embroidery and a touch of a modern vibe.  It's available from AEWilder on Etsy.


Then there is this cute and contemporary bracket growth chart available from Giraffes and Stuff also on Etsy.


And I like this cute canvas and photo version (we used to have one similar - until we misplaced it during one of our 10238190238 moves.)  It's available from PetiteLemon.

So, my dear readers, I was wondering.  Do you use a growth chart?  Do you mark your kiddos' heights on the wall?  Do you record them in a scrapbook?  How do you keep track of your kids' growth?

5 comments:

Dixie said...

My son is 15 and we have always marked his height pm the inside closet door. Wish I had that ruler though.

April S. said...

That ruler is way cool! We started marking my daughter on the trim piece next to her door when she was about 3 (never thought about it earlier but I have it marked in an old calendar so I thought about adding those baby measurements for both kids too). When we ever do something different with the house that board will remain or come with us to any new house!

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said...

for the ruler I made I added my family name and date of our marriage to make it look more like a ruler, we love love LOVE our ruler growth cart!

Dear Lillie said...

I am so glad you like the ruler, Wendy! Hope you are doing well. Really enjoyed your luxe for less post!

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.