6.17.2012

Our Master Bedroom is Half-way Finished! ~

I realized the other day that I have never shared photos of our master bedroom on the blog.  I also know the reason...it's not finished.  I don't know why it is, but my master bedroom always seems to be the last room that I decorate.  It's about half-way finished now, so I decided to share what I have been able to get done just in case I don't get it all the way done for a while. :-)

So without further ado...

Here is the bedroom before....this is right before we started painting so everything is piled on the bed (no, that's not how we normally live.  Lol!)





And here are those same two views now....




I wish I had more to share, but at least this gives you an idea of the direction the room is heading. 

Here are the sources for the parts of the room that are done...

Curtains, Bed and Euro Pillows: IKEA
Lamps:  Target
Quilt: Pottery Barn
Sunburst Mirror: Hobby Lobby
Accent Pillows: Etsy
Leaning Mirror: IKEA
Accent Chair: TJ Maxx HomeGoods
Paint:  Dutch Boy's Stonewall Jackson

So I'm curious...leave me a comment and tell me....do you decorate your master bedroom right away?  Or are you like me, and it is one of the last rooms to be completed?

And finally, the winner of the Lisa Leonard $50 Gift Card Giveaway is Andi Irwin of the Irwin Informer.  Congratulations Andi!  Please drop me an email and we'll get you set up with your fabulous prize!

Have a great day~

12 comments:

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Love that chair!
Our MB was one of the first rooms to be remodeled because our master bath had damage in it. But it really hadn't been decorated yet.

Sherry said...

It's looking really nice. I love your choices of pillows and accents. We are about to paint our Master a very similar color. It now has a deep red feature wall that I am just really done with. :)

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Cute! Clean and contemporary...
♥Linsey

HLMInterior said...

Love the wall color! gray is the new neutral. Great choice.

Catherine said...

I love it! The grey is gorgeous!

I've only just started on my home, but the master bedroom doesn't feature high on the list either. Not sure why, I often think it's the room that needs the most work!

Eva from ~ Sugar Shack Studios ~ said...

You're bedroom looks so pretty and serene - I love where you're going with it.
Our master was one of the first we completed, although I'm always switching up stuff in there. I find I rest better when the room is done, and I can't tackle other projects if I'm grumpy - ha! Plus it always gives us that little escape when another room is being "remodeled".
This is the first time I did the bedroom first, usually I tackle the other rooms first, I guess, what the guests would see first. I'm happy I flipped my normal planning when we bought our home tho. It is nice to close and open my eyes in a finished product.

Starr @ The Kiefer Cottage said...

Love the accent chair. Reminds me of Sarah Richardson's designs.

Our room will be last most likely. We painted but otherwise, we still don't have a bed--just a mattress on an IKEA wood frame. It'll be ages before we get to it.

Debra said...

Very attractive / I love the colors

Bedroom was the last at my place!

Jill said...

Our bedroom is always last. I think our furniture is too "big" for most of the rooms that end up as the master because we move a lot (military). So, I end up overwhelmed and just try to stay to a color palate that compliments the "bigness" of our furniture piece and color. I'm not very good at it anyway.

Donna said...

Your bedroom looks beautiful and peaceful. The gray looks wonderful with the white and the dark wood.
Our bedroom was not the first room we worked on, but I think I change it the most.

Jasper said...

tjmaxx and homegoods have great things, always a place to go when redecorating

Erika Marsh said...

It looks fabulous so far! :) the master bedroom for us is one of the last to finish...to many other more important spaces that (people actually see)in my opinion need to be done first! :)