6.26.2012

Haven Recap~

I am still trying to get back into the swing of regular life after my fabulous trip to Haven last week!
So while it is fresh in my mind, and while I'm still reeling from the amazing-ness of it all, I thought I'd share with you some photos from my trip...

Haven was just plain wonderful...or as I've heard other bloggers say...Haven was Heaven.  It's true!  The thing that I loved so much about this conference was that it was focused on DIY bloggers!  I was thrilled to see so many of my blogging buddies that I've met before...and ecstatic about meeting so many that I have "known" online and getting to hug them and chat in person!  I also had the chance to meet some amazing new bloggers who I'm sure will be making a splash in the world of DIY blogging in the future. 



The conference started out with a bang when  John and Sherry from Young House Love gave the keynote address.  I loved hearing their story!  So motivational!!

Young House Love at Haven

The break-out sessions were also fabulous and full of amazing advice/instruction.  But I've got to admit...the networking and socializing were my very favorite parts...so here's an overload of photos of the Haven Mavens (and yes, it does appear that all of these photos were taken on the same day...no, I didn't wear the same outfit all three days. Lol!)...



Photo via Hooked on Houses:  Kristin (Favorite Paint Colors), Melissa (320 Sycamore), Me, Julia (Hooked on Houses), Amanda (Serenity Now)

haven
I loved finally getting to meet the lovely Layla (The Lettered Cottage) in person!  We've been online buddies almost since I first started blogging.
Stacy (Not Just a Housewife), Layla (The Lettered Cottage), Me and Ashley (Handmade Home) via Handmade Home

Haven
Me and Sandra (Sawdust and Paperscraps) via Sawdust and Paperscraps
Haven
Check out this group of AMAZING diy bloggers - I love these ladies!!...Front (L to R): Sandra (Sawdust and Paperscraps),  Myra (My Blessed Life), Roeshel (DIY ShowOff), Marian (Miss Mustard Seed), Stacy (Not Just a Housewife), Brittany (Pretty Handy Girl), Me, Traci (Beneath My Heart)
Back (L to R):  Chris (Just a Girl), Gina (Shabby Creek Cottage),  Becki (Infarrantly Creative),  Beth (Home Stories A to Z),  Rhoda (Southern Hospitality), Sarah (Thrifty Decor Chick),  Kate (Centsational Girl)

I was honored to be sponsored at Haven by Apartment Guide.  I had the great opportunity to network with other bloggers and share about ways they can partner with them on lifestyle-themed challenges and engage with them on their social media pages.  I passed out cards and talked about my personal experience as an official Apartment Guide Decor Blogger. I also passed out some fun Apartment Guide swag like yoga mats! If you are a blogger who wasn't at Haven, but think you might like the chance to work with this great company, drop me an email, I'd love to pass along your info too!
Sandra (Sawdust and Paperscraps)

Which reminds me, right now Apartment Guide is holding their 2nd annual "Your Picks. Your Place" sweepstakes.  You can enter for a chance to win the $10,000 grand prize or one of 8 weekly $250 grand prizes simply by voting on your favorite blogger-designed room.  You can find out more about it here.

You can learn more about how Apartment Guide works with bloggers and how to make the most of your space by following Apartment Guide on all of the social media outlets...here's a handy dandy little widget to make that easy for you...

At the end of the conference, my fabulous roommates and I headed to the Atlanta Airport happy and exhausted.  But bloggers will be bloggers, and a  fellow traveller snapped this photo of us checking our email/facebook/twitter accounts during a layover in Phoenix.  Makes me laugh.

Stacy (Not Just a Housewife), me, Tauni (SNAP!)
   I just loved my time at Haven...and I can't wait to go back next year for more fun, networking and inspiration!

6 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

A great recap! So much fun and it was so great to meet you!

Christina said...

I love this!! The pictures are great! I would LOVE to be mentioned to Apartment Guide - I have heard amazing things about them and would love the opportunity to partner with them. Let me know if you think this is even a remote possibility! :)

christinasadventures@gmail.com

paige said...

so many great photos of all you photogenic star bloggers!!!
the last shot is great!
loved meeting you my friend xoox

DIY Show Off said...

Great recap! I loved meeting you, beautiful! So fun getting to know you in the little amount of time we had together! :)

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

Sounds like such a blast! So unbelievably jealous!

Laurel Stephens said...

I love hearing about Haven and seeing photos of you and my other favorite bloggers. Thanks so much for sharing.