Here is the problem area...
Look at that jumble of cords! Yuck. After I brainstormed my brilliant-but-so-simple-I-don't-know-why-I-didn't-think-of-it-sooner solution, I went and picked up the supplies I needed: a large bulletin board, some fabric, some upholstery tacks and some cup hooks. (I already had the staple gun).
First, I simply covered the board with the fabric...I wrapped it around to the back and used the staple gun to secure it.
Then (just to up the pretty factor) I added the upholstery tacks. I simply pushed them in around the edges of the board just inside the frame.
Then I added two cup hooks to the top of the board...and two to the bottom of the upper cabinets, so that I could hang the board. (I needed to have the board up off the desk and far enough away from the wall that all of those pesky cords could slip underneath the bottom of the board and hide behind it.)
And here's the AFTER!
It's pretty just like this (nice and clean and organized looking).
But the great thing is that the board is also functional! Here I've started adding a few family photos. It's such an improvement for a minimal investment and a few minutes!!