5.21.2012

The Best Way to Store Kitchen Towels~

Do you have a drawer full of dish towels that are threatening to pop out and spill all over the floor each and every time you open it?  You know, kind of like those closets on sitcoms where the unsuspecting guest opens the door only to have basically the entire house fall out on top of them?

Using dish towels is definitely a more economical (and green!) solution than using paper towels, but let's face it, they are a bit unwieldy to store.

So today I thought I'd share with you the BEST way to store kitchen towels...



I honestly can't remember where I learned this trick (Martha maybe?) but it honestly works so well.  Simply fold your towels in half lengthwise and roll them rather than folding them.  Not only does it look pretty when you open the drawer, but you will be able to fit more towels in your drawer this way than you could ever fit in it when they were folded.  


So,  go roll those dish towels ladies (and gents if you are reading)!  You can thank me later.  ;-)

Have a lovely day~




  

18 comments:

jociegal said...

Oh my - what a lovely idea. I cannot wait to do this at my house, as I am constantly having to push the towels down while closing the drawer. Thanks!!

Katie said...

LOVE this tip--I deal with the same problems you deal with!!!

Katie said...

LOVE this tip--I deal with the same problems you deal with!!!

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Yep....I know about those towel drawers. I have been wanting to 'wrangle' my towels for a while, so I think I'll be rollin' em' up today. Thanks for the inspiration.
Blessings,
Susie

Cynthia said...

This is just the tip I needed! Thank you so much!

dryinkdesigns said...

What a great idea - I'm doing this today!

Rebecca @ Time to Organize said...

That's a great tip! Thanks!

Emily said...

Such a simple solution! Love it! Thanks!

Shelia said...

You're just the smartest one and this is a great idea! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Maureen Chandler said...

I am going downstairs right now and roll my kitchen towels!! Thanks so much for this very helpful tip!!! Hugs!

Chance @ Designed by Chance said...

That's a good tip. I will have to try that.

Linda said...

I am heading right off the roll towels!

Ann said...

I use this trick when I'm packing a suitcase--clothes don't wrinkle either. Never have tried it in my kitchen drawer. Good tip.
Ann

The Old White Cottage said...

I SO need to do this. Thanks for sharing it!

{northern cottage} said...

what a simple lovely little trick - I already did this for my bath towel storage but it never occurred to me to do it for the kitchen towels in the drawer - duh!! thanks so much - Off I go to roll some towels...right now!

www.NorthernCottage.net

Kara said...

Oh sheesh, how did I not think of this? Such a simple idea, but so darn clever. Thanks Wendy!

HLMInterior said...

I hate folding laundry, especially towels. This makes it a lot easier. Any suggestions on how best to fold and store fitted sheets? Those are the worst.

{northern cottage} said...

i totally did this this weekend and LOVE it - not sure how long it will hold up with many hands home during the summer but I like it! I always roll bath towels but it never occurred to me to do it for the kitchen! so smart! I've been showing off my drawer to everyone who comes over! ha!

www.NorthernCottage.net

now my 'junk' drawer needs a bit of attention!