4.16.2012

Kids' Bathroom Inspiration~

Happy Monday Everybody!!

The next project on our plate is a redo of the kids' bathroom.  Right now it is a sea of white...and not in a good way.  I want the room to be fun and playful, but not "over the top kid", if you know what I mean.   The bathroom is right next door to the boys' bedroom, and because this house is "cozy", I decided to use a similar color palette in the bathroom to give that part of the house a sense of continuity. 

You may recall the striped wall from my boys' bedroom.  



It served as my inspiration for the color palette of blue and white.  Here  is the board I've come up with...




I want to use a board and batten wall treatment and bring in a bit of whimsy with the chevron fabric and the artwork.   The hubby and I are planning on getting started today!  Can't wait to show you the result!

Have a great day~

3 comments:

The Little Red Shop said...

Great colors! I love the hand-washing sign idea.

: )

Julie M.

Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe said...

Colors are beautiful, Wendy!
And I love the funny sign - it reminds me of one I made recently.
You can see it at
http://donatascrafts.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/wash-your-hands-sign.html

Have a lovely day!

Bliss said...

I'll be back by to see what you are up too........

~Bliss~