Everything is the planning stages at this point however. So I hope you can be patient with me for a little bit as we finish up all the planning and get to the best part...the projects!!
In the mean time, as part of all this planning, I have created a moodboard for the living room.
Here is the living room as it currently looks. I love it! But, it's not really functional for having as the main family living space (TV, wii, etc.).
The things I don't want to change:
- the walls (I worked hard on that accent wall...and I love the charcoal gray gallery wall)
- the window treatments
- the coffee table
- the sofa - we want a sectional for more seating (four kids + two parents + movie night = lots of people lounging on a sofa)
- additional seating - we love the chairs we have, but they're not TV-watching-comfortable-chairs, and I already have plans for them anyway.
- the rug - I love the rug as well, but I want to lighten up the space as we head into the summer months, so my pretty black rug is going to go into storage for a bit.
- We want to get a slipcovered sectional....we're thinking the IKEA Ektorp is a good choice. We love the beige slipcover.
- We want to find a couple of "cushy" chairs to replace the ones we currently have.
- I'm thinking a soft blue would be a great choice to lighten up the space and would work well with the gray wall and the accent wall, so I'd like to get a blue rug and accent pillows with blue in them.
- I like the idea of a mirrored console for the TV because I feel like the room lacks natural light, and the mirrors would reflect the light from the windows and brighten up the space.