Glidden's My Image Inspiration Helps Pick Paint Colors~

This post is sponsored by Glidden Brand Paint.

A couple of weeks ago I introduced you to a great new website by Glidden called My Colortopia.  I showed you how you could use a simple quiz on that site to help you select colors that are based on your personality.  It's a great little tool and a lot of fun.

And today I want to show you another tool on the My Colortopia site called My Image Inspiration.

I have talked before on this blog about one of the "tricks of the trade" when it comes to determining color palettes for a space.  And that is to choose an inspiration piece.  It can be anything really..a painting, a piece of clothing or a photograph.  Well, My Image Inspiration takes this idea and uses it to help you come up with a color palette.

The process is simple.  You upload an inspiration picture (it can be a photo of anything...an outfit, a fabric you like, a painting), choose which part of the photo you like the colors in, and then My Image Inspiration shows you some colors that it picked out of the photo.

You choose which color you'd like to see a palette developed around, and My Image Inspiration will give you a three colored palette using that color!  Here's my inspiration photo.

And here's the result...

It was so simple to use...I tried it with another photo as well. 

And here's the result from the second photo...

Choosing different parts of the photo yields different results, so you can have many options to choose from!

In a color rut?  Why don't you head over to My Colortopia and try it out for yourself!

I have been sponsored by Glidden Brand Paint to write this post, but all opinions expressed are 100% mine.