2.27.2012

Great Idea: Kids' Art Gallery Wall~

If you're like me, you probably have a lot of kids' art floating around.  My kids love to create art.  They make it at school, they make it at home, and one of my kiddos, in particular, can rarely be found without a piece of paper and a pen. 

So what do you do with your budding Picaso's artwork?  Well, here's one solution. 



Create a rotating kids' art gallery wall like this one in our loft/play area/soon-to-be mom's home office. ;-)

You don't have to spend a lot of money either.  To create this wall, I simply purchased a number of 8x10 wood frames  from the dollar store.  I actually check for wood frames every time I'm at the dollar store - they don't always have them, but when they do, I stock up.  Then I sprayed painted the frames black to give the wall a uniform feel.


I chose a few of my favorite works of art from each of the kiddos and placed them in the frames.  Then hung the frames on the wall in a grid pattern.  That's was it! 


The great thing about this idea is that the artwork can be easily swapped out as new pieces are created.  And the fact that the kids can see the value we place on their creations and art in general is important in fostering their creativity and self-confidence.  It's a win-win situation!

xoxo
Wendy

6 comments:

dena barrie said...

We have a wall just like this right outside of my boys bedrooms! I figured it was a great place to put it so that they see it everyday and know what great artists they really are! great idea!

Lara said...

As an art teacher, I love how this shows that you value their art! We need more parents like you.

laxsupermom said...

Love this! What a great way to show your kids how much you value what they do! Much better than on the frig. Thanks for sharing.

luvGodncountry said...

This is a fantastic idea!!!!! I love this! Also, thank you for linking up on my blog hop, please come back anytime. Have a blessed week.

http://fireplacedecorating.blogspot.com/

Bliss said...

Yeah we've got art. 6 kids, one mom who never threw any of their stuff out. I have 5 huge collages on various walls. The art was born out of desperation when company was coming. Needed to be cheap, and big. I'll have to do a post on them I guess. They have been hanging so long I forget they are "kids art".

~Bliss~

{Adventuresindinner} said...

We so have this on our 'to do' list. I'm making my way through it VERY slowly.