2.23.2012

Frugal Friday~

Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday! 

I hate to rant here on the blog, but I feel that I have to start out this post by touching on some of the ground rules of Frugal Friday.  Frugal Friday has grown so much, and is quite a large gathering of great ideas.  For the most party, those of you who link up share posts that are perfect for this party.  However, there are some who do not.  That is what I want to address. Frugal Friday is a link party dedicated to Frugal PROJECTS and FINDS.  I don't mind if your project is diy, decor, food or even fashion.  It can be a room reveal, a favorite meal, a cute something-or-other you made, a great deal you found, a party, or what have you.  I just ask that you refrain from posting about your trip, from giving relationship advice, linking to your shop or your own link party, etc.  Those sorts of posts are wonderful.  But they are not what this party is about.  I reserve the right to remove posts that are not in keeping with the spirit of Frugal Friday.  Okey-dokey 'nuff said.

Now for the fun stuff....

It's been feeling like spring here for the past couple of days.  And the warmer temperatures have me in the mood to get some DIY-ing done!  So glad I have a bunch of inspiration to check out at this fab link-up every week!!

Let's check out some of the great posts from last week's party, shall we?
The Fan Favorite from last week was this maple-to-magnificent dresser transformation from Simply Chic Treasures.  I just love gray painted furniture! 


And on to my Frugal Round-up...

Holy crow, people!! Am I ever in love with Eclectically Vintage's kitchen reno!  What a before and after!! Honed Carrera marble counters...herringbone backsplash...those pendant lights.  Wowee folks...I'm off to mop the drool off my floor. ;-)

Be Sweetly Inspired made her own pin-tucked duvet.  I'm very impressed...both with the fabulous outcome and with her patience!! ;-)


And check out this great before/after living room reveal from The Painted Hive.  Lovely. Simply lovely.


Now it's your turn!

You know "da rules"...

1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back the Shabby Nest (you can use the pretty new button on my side bar to make it easy.)
3. Please visit other participants and leave them comments! Help them feel "the love!" And don't forget to "like" your favorite posts so they can become the "FAN FAVORITE!"

xoxo
Wendy


35 comments:

Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers said...

Thank you so much for hosting! Hope you have a great weekend!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh i love that duvet cover!!

Jamie said...

Thanks so much for hosting! I missed the last few weeks...

Sorry, but I accidentally linked up #5 with the wrong name... I fixed it with #20 (the Free Printables!)

Amanda said...

Thanks for hosting Wendy. Sincerely appreciate it! :)
~Amanda

decoratewithalittlebit.com said...

Thank you for hosting! Little Bit from DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Kerry Rossow said...

That kitchen! The marble counters and the red stove made me swoon!
Thank you so much for sharing and for hosting!
Kerry at HouseTalkN

Latoya @ The Scott's Crib said...

Thank you so much for hosting!

Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

You've hosted another fine party!

Cynthia said...

Thanks for hosting a great party every week. And thanks for the nice surprise.

Good Time Charlie said...

I am featuring that gorgeous kitchen too. I can hardly believe someone lives there. I would do a happy dance every morning when I walked in there if I had those lights, or that marble, oh my is right!

Lindsay said...

Great party! I enjoy being here! Thanks!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Kind of in love with all your features today. Wowza. And that kitchen. . .. . WOW.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Wonderful features. Thanks for hosting.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Thrilled to see my kitchen featured! I'm in some great company here!
Linking some of my favorite crusty vintage finds.
Kelly

Samm Spangler said...

Hi there! Thank you so much for hosting! Your site is super cute!!!

Samm @ LittleHouseintheBigD.com

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

Thanks for hosting :) I'm slightly obsessed with the Painted Hive! Her new living room is to die for!

Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe said...

Thank you for hosting such a great party, Wendy!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Great features!! I am in love with that kitchen from Kelly at Eclectically Vintage!

Thank you for hosting.
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

Mimi said...

Thanks for hosting!

Rebekah Greiman said...

Good Morning to you! I linked up my recipe for Cheap, Organic Face Wash. It costs about $.01 per use or less and is really easy to make. I can't believe how awesome my skin feels afterwards, either. Thanks for hosting the party once again. Have a great day!
Rebekah-www.potholesandpantyhose.com

Kelly said...

Hi Wendy!
Thanks so much for hosting every week.
Have a fantabulous weekend!!

Kelly
www.livelaughrowe.com

Ten51 Design said...

Thanks for hosting. Love all the creative ideas today. Happy Frideee!

Linking Back: http://ten51design.com/about/inspiration/

Have a great week! - Julie from Ten51

Good Life Blog said...

Thank you for hosting!

Katie said...

I love all the features! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Thanks for hosting! I always find things to inspire me here.

Mrs.B said...

Love that kitchen and this party! I'm not joining, just looking...so I don't have to worry about "da rules"! ;)

Happy Weekend!

Christina said...

Excellent features this week; I just adore that living room from The Painted Hive.

Thanks for hosting a wonderful party!

This week I'm linking up the Ballard Designs inspired bulletin board I made for my monthly contributor spot at Remodelaholic (link # 456). I think it's a great project for anyone - a stylish bulletin board really makes you wanna stay organized! And it's soooooo much cheaper than the original - who doesn't love to save $$$!?

Hope you like it!

Take care,
Christina
www.designingbynumbers.com

Sherry said...

Thanks for hosting.

The Hell on Heels Housewife said...

Thank you for hosting...excited to linking up again this week!
Maggie
www.thehllonheelshousewife.blogspot.com

Lolly Jane said...

Love that table from Painted Hive. Thanks for hosting. XO

Mrs. T said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a great week!

Chris said...

Hi Wendy, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Hi Wendy - just linked up. Thanks so much for hosting this wonderful link party. So glad I found you - I am your newest follower. Please come visit my blog and say hello! I love to make new bloggy friends, comments and followers :) Have a great day!
Heather @ settingforfour.blogspot.com

Ratty Hugs said...

Thank you for hosting this blog. I enjoy all the inventive DIYs on Frugal Friday.
I also want to thank you for your 'rant' on non-Frugal Friday topics. I appreciate your mindfulness of the topics & blog.
~C8>