2.29.2012

Birthday Ideas Revisited~

About a week ago, I did a post with a bunch of fabulous ideas that I had gathered on Pinterest for fun things I could do to make the Princess' 9th birthday special since this year is a family birthday party year (as opposed to a big friend party year).  



Of course, I made sure we followed all of our usual birthday traditions - like a balloon chandelier at the dining table, a special birthday breakfast, and our "today's your special day" plate -  but I thought it would be fun to throw in a few more.


Aren't the pink polka-dot balloons adorable??  Found them at Hobby Lobby!

Well, as is often the case, my ideas are grander than my time will allow, so I was really only able to incorporate one new idea into the mix.  But it's a fun one.

I created a few paper medallions to decorate the Princess' bedroom door.  When she woke in the morning she was greeted with these.


And the bonus is that they make a great background for a birthday photo.


They're really easy to make...so I'm going to show you all how.  Look for a tutorial coming soon!

xoxo
Wendy

3 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

Love those paper fans!! Darling decor and happy birthday to your sweet one!

Jody and Stan said...

Very cute site! I'm glad I found it and those wonderful paper medallions. Can't wait for the tutorial. New Follower...


Jody

{Adventuresindinner} said...

So cute! Now that small one is well, less small, we can start some of these traditions.