1.31.2012

Big News & January Monthly Recap~

Helly Lovelies!

January was a good time here at The Shabby Nest!  Here's a little recap of everything that happened.

The year started off perfectly with an exciting trip to New York City so that I could film a segment for the NATE BERKUS SHOW!!  Yep!  I've been busting at the seams to tell you guys about this amazing experience... at this point, the show is scheduled to air in May, and I'm on pins and needles waiting to share more, but for now we'll all have to wait together! 


I shared a couple of fun around-the-house projects this month including how to make an upholstered headboard.




And a great alternative to a bookcase for my boys' room...acrylic bookshelves.




I showed you all some of the fabric I have designed at Spoonflower.com (which if you didn't catch yesterday's post, should be available for purchase at the Spoonflower site by the end of the week.)



My tips on decorating with the color white were featured over at the Country Living site.



And as an official decor blogger for Apartment Guide, I shared my favorite places to shop when decorating on a budget.


And I shared a few ways to make a big impact in a room without spending a lot of money.



And of course, if you missed any of the Frugal Goodness that is Frugal Friday, you can find January's editions here, here, here and here.

So the new year got off to a great start, and February's looking pretty great too.  The Princess' bedroom just needs some final tweaks before it will be ready for the "big reveal" and I'm hoping to finish off our loft/play area this month as well.  Then of course there's Valentine's Day  - I just love Valentine's Day - so I'll be sharing some fun projects one of my favorite holidays as well!  Hope you'll all join me!

14 comments:

adventuresindinner said...

Happy end of January. Can't wait to see what you have in mind for heart month. :-)

Molly @thewaffler said...

Congrats about the Nate Berkus show! I just found your blog and am really enjoying it.

I'm Rachel. said...

Congratulations, Wendy! That is so exciting!

Rachel
always-a-project.com

Tilly's Nest said...

Congrats lady! I am so happy and proud of you. You deserve it!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

YAY!! That's awesome!

Amanda said...

I just recently stumbled upon your blog! I am so glad I found you!! I've been looking through all your post-such great DIY's and I LOVE your Spoonflower fabric. I tried designing my own from there and it was a total flop- LOL but your are just lovely. Looking forward to reading more of your blog!

Shaunna said...

Congrats on the Nate Show!!! Can't wait to see it!!
:-)
shaunna

Mimi said...

Congratulations!

Yby5 said...

What a great way to start of 2012...big stuff going on-congratulations!

Any advice you can give on how to get "noticed" by magazines etc...we're a rather new design/decor blog and know it takes time...but any advice would be wonderful...or words of wisdom :)

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Congratulations on the Nate Show!! He is fantastic and loves showcasing bloggers!!

Kendall said...

Count your blessings- you have so many of them! Congrats on your success!!
-Kendall
{Songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com}

laxsupermom said...

Congrats! How exciting!

Kim @ colorsmixedtogether.blogspot.com said...

Busy girl! You've accomplished a lot! Can't wait for May : )

pinkertonjamesl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.