1.19.2012

Frugal Friday~

Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday!  As you may recall, last week I had a sudden and quick trip to the Big Apple, and didn't have time to go through all of the fabulous entries from the previous week's party.  I did post the fan favorites, but, it turns out, in my haste, I missed the actual fan favorite (which was at the bottom of the previous party link-ups). 

So this week, I'm going to set the record straight.  The actual fan favorite from two weeks ago (not to diminish the amazing projects I did feature last week) was posted by Thistlewood Farm and was this adorable embroidered wood tray.  Yep, you heard me right.  Embroidered. Wood.  This is genius pure and simple.


And my frugal round-up from two weeks ago...

First, this fun laundry room redo from Strawberries and Sweet Love.  Love. It.


Next, Mingled Elements shared her DIY Restoration Hardware Industrial Style Coffee Table.  Seriously cool - and you can't beat the savings!


And now for last week's party...

The Fan Favorite from last week was a DIY on making your own bath salts and scrubs posted by The Crunchy Marriage.


And my frugal round-up from last week's party...

First, This great post by  Salvage Savvy about her DIY Concrete Countertops.  The thing I love about this post is the fact that she gives both the pros and cons of the countertops as well as sharing a link to her tutorial for how to create them.


And Finally, I loved this post by My Champagne Taste about her silver leaf dresser.  One word...gorgeous.



Now it's your turn!

You know "da rules"...

1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back the Shabby Nest (you can use the pretty new button on my side bar to make it easy.)
3. Please visit other participants and leave them comments! Help them feel "the love!" And don't forget to "like" your favorite posts so they can become the "FAN FAVORITE!"


24 comments:

Kerry Rossow said...

Thank you so much for hosting. Your features are gorgeous!
Kerry at HouseTalkN

MyChampagneTaste said...

Oh Thank you so much for the featurrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee....
xoxo
Rasha @ mychampagnetaste

Eclectically Vintage said...

Love the embroidered tray and the silver dresser! Linking up my "Love Is" Valentine Wreath. Someone told me that it would make anyone smile - hope you do!
Kelly

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you for hosting Frugal Friday, always great posts to read.

Lindsay said...

Great features! Very inspiring! Thanks for hosting!

Taunnie said...

Wendy,
Thank you for the feature. I am honored, there were soo many fabulous links!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Thanks for hosting.

Connie @ Salvage Savvy said...

Wow, thanks so much for featuring my concrete counter tops. What an honor to be selected from so many amazing links!! And as always, thanks for hosting such a great party each week :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Wendy,
Thank you for hosting:)

Blessings,
Linda

Abbie said...

As always, thanks for hosting a great party, Wendy!

bliss bloom {blog} said...

Thanks for hosting again! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Erin @ Two Story Cottage said...

Thanks for posting! I haven't joined in a while so I'm happy to participate. I'm so impressed with the featured links - wow! :)

Crafty Mischief said...

Thank you for hosting! Great features! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

Thanks for hosting, hope you have a great weekend.

shari said...

love your link parties. they're very inspirational. i linked up some yummy Kahlua Brownies this week. Enjoy shari@myjudythefoodie

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Hi, Wendy - I typically link up each week, but this week I linked up my Giveaway. (I figured anyone being frugal wants something for free!) Anyway, if you would rather all of the links be projects, please delete mine - I wasn't sure.
Thanks! I always get alot of traffic from your Fridays!
Trish

Rebekah Greiman said...

Happy Friday morning to you! My DIY Children's Book with Audio was really fun to create and so I am here sharing it with you and your readers. Thanks for hosting the party once again. Have a great week!
Rebekah-www.potholesandpantyhose.com

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Thanks so much for hosting- have a fabulous weekend!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Wendy,

Thank you so much for the feature! I really appreciate the shout out! Great links this week.

blessings,
kari

The Hell on Heels Housewife said...

Thanks for hosting! I am so inspired.

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Thanks for hosting!! xo

Tera Leigh said...

Just found you through the social parade at Smart & Trendy moms! Following! Tera @ http://www.eccentricleopard.com/

Cap Creations said...

Thank you VERY MUCH for hosting! Have a great weekend!

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

OK... I believe I am way late!

Thank you so much for hosting your awesome party!