12.26.2011

Stylish Art for The Princess' Bedroom~

The Princess (my 8-year-old) is quite the mini-fashionista.  So when it came to decorating her bedroom, we thought that fashion inspired art would be a good way to go.

I had been admiring the vintage Barbie Fashion Sketches that I had seen here and there in catalogs and on-line, but the price was a bit steep.  So I was trying to figure out a less expensive alternative when I happened upon this calendar at World Market.


The minute I saw it, I knew EXACTLY what I was going to do with it.  (I would have really loved to use it for our yearly calendar, but the boys in the family might have protested a bit.)   I decided to use it to create Barbie fashion art for the Princess' bedroom.


So many adorable illustrations! It was hard to narrow them down.

The images are calendar-sized, obviously, so I wanted to do a sort of gallery/grid to give the art more presence.   The Princess had fun choosing her 6 favorite illustrations to frame.


We chose gold frames for a girl-goes-glam look, and framed them up.  Then after careful measuring, we hung them above her bed.  They look perfect!


I hope these little peeks at the Princess' bedroom are fun to see because her bedroom is almost finished.  I'm just waiting for some fabric I designed to arrive so that I can make the bedskirt, pillow sham and curtains.  Then I'll post the big REVEAL!!  Can't wait to show you!!

xoxo
Wendy

11 comments:

Angela Lynn said...

Very cute! I can't wait to see the room finished :)

laxsupermom said...

Love the Barbie sketches! What a fun and affordable idea! Thanks for sharing.

weissbunt said...

Love the vintage Barbies! My 2 Barbie fans would love that, too. Maybe next time ;-). I went for an Asian inspired look for our 6 year old. I just posted her room, so if you'd like to take a look, come on over to http://weissbunt.blogspot.com/2011/12/das-groe-madchen-zimmer-big-girls-room.html
Have a wonderful last day of Christmas - maks :-)

Designology Interiors said...

Such a great idea!

Olga@Stardust-Decor&Style said...

Great inspiration! Well done!

janet said...

How cute and what a great idea..Can't wait to see the finished room..

April said...

Super cute idea! I loved it so much that I ran out to my local World Market this evening and purchased that exact calendar. I was pleasantly surprised to find that all of their calendars are 75% off this week! I paid just under $4 for this little lovely :) Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Emily said...

Awesome idea! I've done this before as well- found an amazing calendar and turned it into art. Great job and what a lucky little girl!

Janis@Home Style Interiors said...

They look beautiful in the gold frames. I did this in our little-peanut's nursery with original Winnie-the-Pooh prints.

Catarina said...

So cute... So girly...

Good Time Charlie said...

This is just so adorable, and not at all too commercial. Just perfect, I might have to steal this idea for my daughter's sophisticated princess room. Thanks for sharing!