12.13.2011

Our Holiday Home Tour~

Welcome! Come on in...  I know that I've shared a bit of holiday decor with you already, but today I'd like to give you all the official holiday tour.

But first, are you hungry?  Thought you might like to have a snow-day brunch with us.  This little pancake snowman is quite a treat.  You can read more about our snow-day brunch here.


Now on to the tour...

When you enter our house, the first thing you see is our entry hall.  I kept the decor on the entry console simple and elegant.  You can read more about it here.



Next is our living room.  I shared our Christmas tree with you already.  But if you'd like, you can read more about it here.



The living room is also home to our Christmas Stockings which I hung from a garland by the stairs. 


I put these cute little pillows that I made last year using some free printable art from this beautiful blog.  I heart these pillows entirely!


The top of the bookcase houses my Willow Tree Nativity that was given to me by the Hubby several years ago. 


And next to the cozy leather chair, I have placed our basket of Christmas Children's books.  One of our favorite traditions, is picking out a Christmas book to read each evening leading up to the holiday.



Our Christmas dining room is simple and pretty.  I used some branches and snowflake ornaments stuffed in a vase for the dining table centerpiece, and I placed a set of angel wings on the two end chairs.




A wreath for each window, and a pretty silver and white vignette on top of the buffet round out the room.


The kitchen is a bit more whimsical.  Here I feature my DIY vinyl reindeer silhouette as well as a glittered paper craft photo of our first house.


I hung a few ornaments from the kitchen window, and placed some cute little bird ornaments on the topiaries that frame the window.



Upstairs in the loft, we have our very-simple paper chain Christmas advent/count-down calendar.  The kids get excited to remove a link each day and watch their wait until the big day grow shorter.


I also added a bit of Christmas merriment to the kiddos' bedrooms.

The boys' room features a silver tree decked out with ornaments in shades of brown and white.  And the cute cardboard deer head is dressed for the season with a silver and white scarf.


Boy #1 strung a strand of colored lights along the safety rail on the top bunk.  Cute kid.


The Princess' also has some Christmas spirit in her room.  Her tree is white with pastel ornaments, and she has this cute snow bunny (gifted from my sweet Mother-in-Law) perched on her window seat or on her bed depending on her mood.  Finally, I couldn't resist these cute snowflake Christmas lights for the Princess' room found at the dollar spot in Tar-jay.  She loves to fall asleep to their soft glow.

Hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into our Holiday Home!

Happy Holidays to all of you!!

I'm linking to the Holiday Home Tours parties at The Inspired Room...
and Nesting Place.

28 comments:

Olga@Stardust-Decor&Style said...

So beautiful and chic! Happy holidays to you and your family!

Sarah at Finishing Touch Interiors said...

ooo I love wiilow tree I collect them but didnt know they had a nativity set so cute I want it. Your home looks beautiful I love the winged chairs & the silent night cushions simply gorgeous.
The pancake snowman what a cute idea I love it

modern jane said...

Everything is just beautiful! I love your simple color scheme. I have the same nativity scene!

Mom4Real said...

So elegant!

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ said...

Everything is beautiful, your tree is my favorite. Love the color scheme.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Loving all the silver and white and those fab angel wings!
Kelly

janet said...

I love the simple touches throughout your home..It all looks beautiful..

Teresa said...

Oh my goodness- love the wings on the back of your chair...pinning this for sure.
Your home is divine...thanks for sharing
Merry Christmas!

Andrea said...

It is all gorgeous!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Just beautiful, Wendy! I love the serenely sophisticated color choices for your holiday decorations. During a time of year when there's so much hustle and bustle, I'm sure it's nice to retreat to such a lovely and relaxing atmosphere. ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Maureen at The Inglenook Decor said...

I am in love with that vinyl reindeer art! You could keep that out all year long, it's so chic and quirky!

Sallyford said...

Wow! so much to see, I could outstay my welcome! I especially love the angel wings and the framed house picture. What a delightful post, thank you, Sally xx

Carrie said...

I love those "Silent Night" "Holy Night" pillows! I'm in the process of working of the nerve to stencil some pillows that are similar to that, but I haven't done it yet. There's still time, though! :-) Your home looks beautiful - Merry Christmas!

www.carriesbusynothings.com

I Heart Salt Lake said...

Your decorations look great!

adventuresindinner said...

Love the black and white toille AND those pillows. What a calm and happy place :-)

~CC Catherine said...

Very pretty Wendy! My favorite item I don't think you mentioned...the angel wings on the back of the one dining room chair. How precious. The home is lovely and another thing I just love to see is the garland made out of colored construction paper. It reminds me of the days when my children were younger and they would make it at school and then bring home. I think I need to make that a project for my grandson and I to do. He just turned five and he'd love doing that. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTmas Wendy! ;) ~CC Catherine

~CC Catherine said...

I forgot to mention that I "LOVE" the pillows that you made and have sitting in the chairs. Very precious!

Carli said...

Wow, your home looks so beautiful! and I love your tree!

Christina said...

your decorations are SO sweet & so my style!! I love all of it so much!

orchard_girl said...

Your home is beautiful. A few years ago you showed your cute snowman pancakes. I have been making them ever since. I like to surprise my kids by making them on the first snowy morning. It has become a super fun family tradition, which gets asked for over and over again. Thank you!

Xenia Nova said...

I love your photos, your home looks beautiful and prepared for the celebration! :)
If you don't mind, I'd love to share your photos with my blog readers (all credit will be given of course)

Marianne@Songbird said...

Your home looks lovely! What a wonderful atmosphere have you created.
Merry Christmas!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Your home is beautiful. Your tree is gorgeous! I love the simple touches. Love the ornaments in the wooden bowl. Neat idea to hang ornaments from the kitchen window! Thank you for the wonderful tour!

linda said...

What a wonderful home tour! Your home is so lovely and welcoming.

AmyBeth said...

Love the pics and the snowman pancakes are adorable!
xoxo
www.amy-beths.com

AmyBeth said...

Love the pics and the snowman pancakes are adorable!
xoxo
www.amy-beths.com

ProjectHope7 said...

Wow.. your house is so beautiful and serene... not only can we see the pride you take in your home, and your design skills, but there is a special peace you feel as you peruse your photos. I am a bit envious... you truly have captured the word "HOME" in your home!... Have a blessed Christmas and thank you for sharing with us all your Christmas and winter holiday decor!
Cathy B*****y
pbprojecthope at yahoodotcom
palmbreezeliving dot blogspotdotcom

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Absolutely beautiful, perfectly lovely and ready for the holidays!! Thanks so much to sharing it with us!!!

Merry Christmas,
Melissa