12.12.2011

Our Christmas Tree~

This year we found a lovely little Christmas Tree Farm very close to our new house, and so we were able to resurrect our tradition of going to find and cut down a tree.  The farm is darling - they serve great hot chocolate as well -  and we were able to find a lovely, tall blue spruce for our 2011 Christmas tree.


Here we are posing with our tree at the farm.  Forgive the photo...it was taken with my phone. :-)


Once we got the tree home and set up, I strung the lights while the kiddos waited impatiently to help me put the ornaments on the tree.  Unlike other years, however, they only lasted for the first 10 minutes or so, before they had all decided that tree decorating was overrated, and they wanted to go watch a movie.  Different for my kiddos, but it was okay with me.  I went ahead and decorated the tree while the hubby "supervised" from the couch - he wasn't feeling so well - and Christmas music played in the background.

This year, I decorated the tree all in silver and white with just a touch of black.  I have an abundance of snowflake ornaments and because the branches are spaced fairly far apart (my favorite kind of tree, by the way) they appear to be "falling" through the branches.  My favorite place to work right now is snuggled up on the sofa enjoying the twinkling lights of my glitter-y silver and white tree.


And here's an overload of photos that I took in the afternoon a couple of days ago.  I absolutely love the warm western light that streams through our windows in the afternoon and the way it soaks through the branches and makes the twinkle lights sparkle even more.  Hope you enjoy...






A full tour of our Christmas-decorated-house will be coming your way tomorrow...so stay tuned...

Linking...

13 comments:

Just Made That Way said...

Wow! What a beautiful Christmas tree.

Samantha said...

Hi Wendy, your tree is beautiful, so stunning. Enjoy your week.

Olga@Stardust-Decor&Style said...

It's very elegant! Would you like to see ours as well? You're most welcome when you get a chance!
Olga
www.stardust-decorstyle.blogspot.com

Stylish Settings said...

The tree is so pretty.
Just a quick note - I can view any of your normal posts but everytime your Frugal Friday post comes up on Blogger I can't view it. I get a message to say Internet Explorer has stopped working and the page closes down. It's happened the last 3 weeks. I've done a full virus scan and can't find anything. Any suggestions? Is anybody else having this problem or is it just my computer?
Thanks
Kylie

modern jane said...

I love the shape and the decorations. It looks so elegant!

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ said...

I love your tree and the color scheme. I agree a tree with spacious branches is the best. I would have a Charlie Brown tree every year. Lovely!!

chiwei said...

I love Spruces and the way the branches are far apart! Your tree is beautiful!

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Lovely! I like your strung beads :)

Lulu and Co. said...

Looks beautiful!
xo,
Lulu

Melanie said...

Your tree is simply gorgeous! Can't wait to see the rest of your house.

janet said...

Your tree is beautiful..Great job on the decorating..

Xenia Nova said...

Aw, it looks really nice. Love the ornaments! Also love the fresh xmas tree smell! :) Happy holidays!

~CC Catherine said...

The tree is striking Wendy! There is NOTHING like a live tree in the home when the children are little. We used to make it a huge event of going to the tree farm, riding in the wagon in the Pennsylvania hills at the Tree farm and while the snowflakes were falling...we'd hand pick our tree and then saw it down. We'd drink hot cocoa while my Beloved paid for the tree and then off to home we'd go. Since the children are grown, we now just have the artifical one...but they never are as nice as the real ones! Glad to see someone else is making memories with their own little ones! ;)