12.07.2011

More Christmas Decor~

As many of you know, we moved a few months ago, and our new house doesn't have a fireplace.  Although I love fireplaces, I don't really miss having one in this house.  That is, until I started decorating for Christmas.  No mantel.  Hmmm.  That presented a bit of a challenge.  But don't worry.  I rose to the occasion.  And went to town decorating pretty much every flat surface I could find. ;-)

Here is our entry hall table.  Over the mirror, I hung the pretty ornament wreath that I made for last year's Christmas mantel.  If you'd like instructions on how to make this pretty (and inexpensive) wreath, I wrote a tutorial last year.  You can find it here.

I also used one of my faux mercury glass votive holders.  I wrote a tutorial on those as well.  You can find that here.  And I put these cute chenille Christmas trees on top of some brushed nickle candle holders.  And I know you're going to be in shock, but I have a tutorial for those as well.  You can find it here.



I added this photo in just for fun...it's the reflection in the mirror behind the wreath.  Is it just me, or have you ever looked at a room in a  mirror's reflection and thought "huh, I think I like the room better in reverse."? No?  Oh, that's just me, then?  Ha ha.  But I do love the way the mirror reflects our Christmas tree. 


Over in the dining room, I decorated the top of the buffet with a snowy-silver-and-white-winter-scape.
 First, I put some pretty glass ornaments in a rustic dough bowl.

I added a little bling by putting a sequined tree pick in a vintage mercury glass vase.




Finally, a large, vintage, bottle brush tree that my mother gave me last year, sits next to a glittery church-and-tree village perched on a stack of old books.



Of course, the thing I miss the most about not having a fireplace, is the dilemma it creates about where to hang the Christmas stockings.  I came up with a solution for that as well...
And I promise to show you in my upcoming Christmas Tree post.

Y'all come back now, ya hear!

13 comments:

paige said...

it's beautiful wendy!
i love the glittery reflection on the mirror too

merry christmas

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Wendy your home looks beautiful! I love your tree! Martina

janet said...

Your home is beautiful..I love the ornaments in the wooden bowl..Where did you ever find those?..Have a great week..

A Vintage Vine said...

It's true Shabby Nest style, I love it! Not having a mantel is not a problem for you, great job!

Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolate said...

Everything looks so lovely!! I love all the sparkle!

Haven said...

So beautiful! I love your "solutions." I also love to look in my mirrors to see the room in reverse. :) Beautiful Christmas decorations!

Finding Home said...

Everything looks so lovely!

The Corson Cottage said...

Your holiday decor is lovely!

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest said...

Hi Janet...I found those ornaments at Target last year! I love them because they are oversized...and the fact that they came for Target means I didn't have to pay a fortune for them. :-)

Lori said...

Love it...but my absolute favorite is the lamps! Where did ya get those shades...gorgeous!

Lulu and Co. said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! Gorgeous!!!
xo,
Lulu

adventuresindinner said...

Love, love your bauble wreath.

Terry said...

Unique and beautiful