Anyhoo, as I was browsing Pinterest a while back, I ran across this clever idea.
And I thought to myself, "Self, those would make great DIY Christmas gifts for the kiddos to make." And, so a couple of days ago, that's just what we did. (Well, let's be honest, I did the making, but the kids looked cute and that's what matters.)
I must say the hardest part of this entire project was getting my boys to pose for the photos. The Princess was a breeze..the boys...well, let's just say it was a bit...er...challenging.
So here's what you'll need to make your own "fly away" bookmarks.
- Photos of your kiddos (or yourself, or whomever) looking like their holding a balloon
- Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
- Embroidery Floss or String
- Clear Contact Paper
How to make 'em.
1. Cut out each person from the photos. Make sure not to leave much background.
2. Cut a tiny slit where the hands are so that you can slip the embroidery floss through. (I actually used a craft knife to do this - If you are doing this with kiddos, don't let children use a craft knife...this is a step for adults only.)
3. Cut out a balloon shape from construction paper. I actually cut 2 identical balloon shapes for each bookmark so that each has a front and back.
4. Slip end of embroidery floss or string from the back of the photo through the slit you created near the hands of your photo...leave just a bit dangling in front to look as though the person is holding the balloon.
And you're done! Cute. Personalized. Easy DIY...and just in time for Christmas!
Frugal Friday goes live tonight at 8:00 pm MST.
Have a great day~