12.15.2011

Frugal Friday~

Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday!!

I want to start out by saying that I have heard from a number of people that they are having computer issues with Frugal Friday.  And I want you to know that I am working to resolve those issues as quickly as I can.  So hang tough, my dear readers.  I hope to have it all fixed very soon!

It's been a long week for me kids.  I was laid up with a wicked case of Food Poisoning for almost 2 days.  Grrr. Not fun right before Christmas.  Now I'm trying to make up for lost time. 

If you're in a similar boat - not the food poisoning boat, but the in-a-hurry-to-get-stuff-done boat - you'll find tons of inspiration waiting for you in last week's party.

Here's just a bit...

The Fan Favorite from last week was posted by Shopgirl.  She shared her almost-too-pretty-to-eat Medovniky Gingerbread Cookies.   She even includes the recipe...so you can make some yourself!


Now for my Frugal Round-up...

First up, these pretty DIY Frosty Ice Branches shared by  The V-Spot.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to try this.  They're just lovely!


Next, I Gotta Create shared these lovely DIY cards.  Can you guess what she made those darling snowflakes out of?  Can ya?  Huh, huh?  Can ya?  The answer is tinfoil.  No, really.  And she'll show you how to make them as well.


Twice Lovely shared her perfectly perfect curbside-rescue chest makeover.  I've been wanting to add mirrors to a piece of furniture...after seeing this little redo, I've absolutely GOT TO DO IT!



Finally, Make It Give It shared her sophisticated salt dough ornaments.  These are much nicer than the version the kiddos and I made earlier this month (epic fail for mom...not so bad for the kids).  I'm going to give her technique a try next time.


Now it's your turn!

You know "da rules"...

1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back the Shabby Nest (you can use the pretty new button on my side bar to make it easy.)
3. Please visit other participants and leave them comments! Help them feel "the love!" And don't forget to "like" your favorite posts so they can become the "FAN FAVORITE!"

23 comments:

Kerry Rossow said...

Thank you so much for hosting!
Kerry at HouseTalkN

Maria said...

I'm so excited to be the fan favorite this week! Thanks for voting for my gingerbread cookies!
Wendy, I love your blog and all the great ideas you post!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Thanks for hosting the party.

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Ohhh, mirrors are goooood...

Thanks so much for the party!

Redo 101 said...

Thanks for hostessing another great party - love those features!

Mary

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Wow! Thanks so much for featuring my Snowflake Card with tinfoil bling!! I'm in such great company at your always fun-and-creative party!! Happy Holidays <3

Christine said...

Thank you for hosting...sorry you were sick.

Sherry said...

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for hosting. No problems so far. Linking up at 151 and 155 with some DIY burlap chandelier shades and an upcycled radio cabinet. Have a great Friday!

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

thanks for hosting. i was so happy to finally be able to get on your site: then i posted my link twice! sorry about that.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you for hosting Frugal Friday. Love reading so many great posts.
-Joy

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

I LOVED the mirror dresser from Twice Lovely! Thanks for hosting :) Have a great weekend!

L' officina di un sogno said...

i absolutely love the "Christmoose Card Printable". Thank you for hosting. Have a great week!!

Eclectically Vintage said...

I do love those snowy branches! Linking up my fully blinged out Christmas house tour. Thanks.
Kelly

Rebekah Greiman said...

Merry Christmas! I am so excited to be sharing my Pretty Paper Christmas Trees Decor. They were super easy to make and didn't cost a thing. Plus, they are pretty cute, too. Thanks for hosting another party and hope you have a great weekend!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Thanks for hosting this Merry Christmas show & tell

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

So sorry to hear you were sick - food poisoning takes a lot out of you and it takes a while to feel normal again.
You've featured some lovely projects...can't wait to check them out. Thanks for hosting...hope the rest of your holiday season is enjoyable.

Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely said...

Thanks so much for the feature. Hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas!

toolsforkitchens said...

Hi, Wendy. Glad you are feeling better. I shared a coconut baskets recipe and a chocolate wafer cookies recipe today. These coconut baskets have a flakey crust with a lemony coconut center and the chocolate cookies have simple, pure chocolate flavor. Thank you for hosting us again and have a great week!

Christy @ toolsforkitchens

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Sorry you're not feeling good Wendy. :( Thanks for hosting the party and thank you so much for featuring my DIY branches! Awesome! :) Love that dresser re-do.

Good Time Charlie said...

So sorry about the food poisoning, that is just the worst, esp. when you have to take care of your children on top of it! Hope it is smooth sailing for you now until Christmas. Have a great weekend.

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Wendy, thanks for hosting!

Mimi said...

Those DIY cards with the aluminum foil are incredible. They look like gems or crystals.

Cap Creations said...

thank you so much for hosting!