12.21.2011

A Family Christmas Tree~

I have shown you the little trees that each of the kiddos has in their bedrooms.  So today I wanted to show you the tree that goes in our Master Bedroom.  (Yes, I might have a bit of a tree obsession.)

This one is really fun.  It's a little 4' Bethlehem Fir Artificial Christmas Tree from Christmas Tree Market.  Now, in this house, I've already mentioned that our formal Christmas tree is always live.  That's just how we roll.  We love to go cut down our tree at a tree farm.  We love the smell.  You get the idea.  But for the little trees that I have in the bedrooms, well, artificial just makes more sense.  The kiddos trees are tinsel.  Can't get more artificial than that. ;-)


But this little guy, well, as far as realistic artificial trees go, he's pretty cute. (And yeah, I know he needs a tree skirt or a bucket or something to sit in, but I actually had to move the tree to take the photos because the hubby is busy painting our bedroom as I write...just keepin' it real.)   But it's the perfect size for our bedroom.  And to decorate this little guy?  Well, I chose to hang black and white family photos.  I actually made these a couple of years ago when we were getting ready to move (at Christmas-time, go figure) from Massachusetts to Utah and I wanted a tree for the kiddos without pulling out all of the Christmas decor.  So I printed up a bunch of favorite family photos in black and white.  Then I just punched holes in each, and strung a bit of twine to hang them with.  Perfect.



The photos by themselves looked a little lonely, though, so I added in some stencils that I just purchased in the craft section at Wally World.  Cute.  Inexpensive.  Personal.


I love having the faces that I love smiling back at me from our little Christmas tree.



It's probably a bit late for this year, but if you are looking to purchase an artificial tree for next year, Christmas Tree Market has a Christmas Tree Sale going on right now.  There are some pretty good deals! And they are also running a contest on Facebook.  "Liking" Christmas Tree Market and sending in your name, enters you for a chance to win a tree, a wreath or a garland.

Coming your way tomorrow, a last-minute (and really cute) DIY Christmas gift you can make with the kiddos.  And Frugal Friday goes live at 8:00 pm MST as usual!  See you there!

Christmas Tree Market provided me with the Christmas Tree to review, but the opinions expressed are 100% mine.  I only recommend products or services that I believe my readers would enjoy.

7 comments:

adventuresindinner said...

Oh, heart :-)

I am just the very worst at printing out photos of the family. I think that that should be my New Year's resolution.

{ The Painted Home } said...

LOVE it! Merry Christmas Wendy!
d e n i s e

janet said...

I love the way it is decorated..
Merry Christmas..

Kara said...

So cute Wendy! Love how you added the stencils in with the photos. Such a fun way to display family pictures!

Andrea said...

What a fabulous idea. Your kiddos are adorable!

Dragonfly Treasure said...

It looks so cute! Love the way it is decorated
Holiday hugs
deb

Vintage Page Designs said...

What an adorable idea - I just love how you created this tree!