10.17.2011

Living Room Progress~

Funny thing, this.  My living room wasn't one of my first decorating priorities when we moved into this house.  It probably should have been because it is the first thing you see upon entering.  But since I thought it was going to be the most expensive room to put together, it went on the back burner. 

But then after finally figuring out the right furniture arrangement for the space, and having a few other serendipitous things happen to give us some FREE supplies, the Living Room is actually coming together.  Last week, the Hubby painted one wall this FABULOUS deep gray, Magnetite by Martha Stewart.


Bless his heart, that Hubby.  The walls on the main floor are close to 10 feet in height.  So much easier for my big, hunk-o-man to paint than for me.  The wall is absolutely beautiful.  So sophisticated.  It's going to make the perfect backdrop for a gallery wall.  (We even had our family portraits done this weekend for just that purpose.  I'm so excited! I'll give you a little sneaky peek later this week.)
 

And since I have gallery walls on the brain, today I thought I'd share with you a few pieces of gallery wall eye candy that I've been collecting on Pinterest.  Oh yes!  Love that Pinterest!!


Source: google.com via Wendy on Pinterest


I'm leaning towards doing a wall with all white frames.  I think they'll really POP against that beautiful gray.  Hopefully, I'll have the whole living room finished in the next couple of weeks.  I can't wait to share it with you all!

Have a lovely Monday~

11 comments:

The mum of all trades said...

White against grey sounds fabulous!

Mom4Real said...

Looks gorge! We are going through a transformation too...new carpet and windows! I love the grey, and white would pop off of it sooo nicely! I went to a class taught by Genevieve Gorder this year, and she said that grey is the in color this year!

Jessica

Karen said...

Those are great inspiration photos. I'm painting an accent wall in my dining room too...guess what color...magnetite! cant wait too see yours.

Shaunna said...

looking oh so LOVELY...it's going to be beautiful and that gray is fabulous!!
:-)
shaunna

Katie said...

The first photo is beautiful!

www.katiescreative.blogspot.com

Lulu and Co. said...

What fun!!!! I've lots of things going on too and a gallery wall is one of them! Can't wait to see the results....the wall color os amazing!
xo,
Lulu

adventuresindinner said...

Love that grey, what about a gun metal in the frames? Having said that I love whatever you do so I'll be thrilled with the end regardless.

anangloinquebec said...

I completed a gallery wall in our living room last year and have never regretted it. I am planning something more massive for the basement and I think your post has provided me with some inspiration! Thanks! Can't wait to see what you do.

kristen said...

I love gallery walls but am wondering how many gallery walls is too much in a home. I have a gallery wall going up the stairway. I have photographs mixed with prints. I have a big wall behind my couch and would love to do a gallery wall there too but would that be too much. You can't see the stairway wall from the room the couch is in. Advice please.

Mom in High Heels said...

Are you trying to clog up pinterest? Seriously, I'm checking things out and going to start pinning like a mad woman. That first photo makes me swoon.

casacaudill said...

I love Martha's gray paints. We used zinc in our bathroom and it had such great coverage.