10.20.2011

Frugal Friday~

Hey Kids!! Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday!  Last week there were almost 590 posts linked up.  Wow!! That's a lot of great stuff to go through.  And so I've decided that not only am I going to feature some of my favorites each week for my Frugal Round-up, but since there are just soooo many great things being linked up now-a-days (I'm hoping for over 600 links this week!) I'm going to start randomly featuring posts on Twitter and Facebook...so if you don't follow me on Twitter or Facebook yet, now might be a good time to start!! (You can easily follow by clicking on the links on my sidebar.)

And I apologize for the smaller size of the thumbnails this week, but Frugal Friday was wreaking havoc on my formatting each week, and I'm going to see if the smaller thumbnails keep that from happening.

So without any further ado...
This week's Fan Favorite was a post on how to create lighting and chandeliers with glass bottles from Style It Chic.


Now for my Frugal Round-up...

I just adore this coffee-table-turned ottoman from Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss!


Loved all the details of this darling Nursery Reveal from Simcoe Street.


The Crafty Scientist shared a fabulous DIY Yarn Light Fixture. 



Finally, Adventures in Creating shared an amazing before and after cane chair makeover. Love. Love.




Now it's your turn...

You know "da rules"!

1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back the Shabby Nest (you can use the pretty new button on my side bar to make it easy.)
3. Please visit other participants and leave them comments! Help them feel "the love!" And don't forget to "like" your favorite posts so they can become the "FAN FAVORITE!"

26 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks, Wendy, for featuring my ottoman! And thanks for hosting each week.

Ami w/AliLilly said...

Thanks so much for hosting!! I hope you hit 600 and I can't wait to see what you feature! :)

Katie said...

These features are so fun!! Thanks for hosting Wendy!

Our Seven Dwarfs said...

Thanks so much for the linky party! We appreciate it!

June Scott said...

Hi Wendy! Love your "nest"! This is my first time partying with y'all - thanks for hosting!

Vanessa said...

Hi, Wendy

Thank you for hosting. I really appreciate it.

Vanessa

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

I loved that coffee table from "Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss" also! Her home is beautiful! Thanks for hosting :) Have a fabulous weekend! Your family pics are darling!

Jilly said...

Coffee table is perfect for party in any occasions. I truly saying that your home is beautiful. hope you have a fabulous weekend. A great arrangement.
rc tanks

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Thank you for hosting and for featuring Benjamin's nursery!! xox

Auntie Jesse said...

Hi!
Thank you for doing small thumbnails! I haven't been able to open Frugal Fridays in a couple weeks! I'm thinking maybe because the thumbnails were bigger? Did anyone else have this problem?

Christine said...

Thanks for hosting!

Stephanie said...

THanks for hosting, Wendy! There's lots of great inspiration! Have a fabulous weekend.

Jenny @ Embellishing Life said...

Thanks for hosting! Have a wonderful weekend!

Pam (Haslem) Dana said...

I linked up about 8 hours ago and it wasn't showing up. I assumed maybe a delay with Linky Tools. But, this morning it still isn't showing. The Linky party stops loading at item 139. Same place as it did when I linked up.

Is it just me or is it like this for everyone?

Curtains In My Tree said...

I really like that bottle chandelier however could never get it togther for myself and the white chair like it , I can paint a chair LOL

thanks for the party

adventuresindinner said...

Holy crumb! There is amazing talent here. Yay for all of you.

Kahli said...

Thanks for hosting! Great features :)

starsunflowerstudio said...

Thanks so much for hosting! I love the chandelier. So fun. :)

Cap Creations said...

Thank you for hosting! I just linked up my thrifty goodness. We started a thrifty link up if you'd ever care to join.

Scrappy Sugar Girl said...

Hi Wendy! I've joined the masses and am following you now. Thanks so much for hosting the Frugal Friday party - it's pretty impressive how many links there are.
Rhonda @ http://scrappysugargirl.blogspot.com/

Jenn "Rook No. 17" said...

Wow, so many wonderful creations!

Congratulations on such a successful party, and thank you for hosting!

Best,
Jenn/Rook No. 17

Mel the Crafty Scientist said...

Thanks for hosting and thank you for featuring Lish's DIY Yarn Light (over at my blog) - we're both pretty darn excited! : )

Have a great weekend!

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage said...

Wendy, thanks for hosting!

Green Bean said...

Thank you for hosting! It is always so fun to see what everyone else is up to.

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

Thanks for hosting this great big party!

Jan said...

Ack! Sorry about the multiple entries!!! I hope you can delete them. It kept giving me errors.