We traded photographic services (the Hubby, if you'll recall is a photographer) with our neice who is also a very talented photographer. And she did a fabulous job!
Here are just a few of my faves....
And since we've been in the photo business for a while, I thought I'd offer a few tips to make your family photos fabulous (aside from hiring a good photographer)...
- Wear solid colors...although there is a trend right now toward families wearing patterns, solid colors always look classic and draw attention to your faces which is, after all, what you're trying to capture.
- Try to avoid wearing white against your face...unless of course, you are a blushing bride, because it tends to wash you out.
- Although you don't need to be match-y, match-y coordinating outfits go a long way toward creating an attractive group photo.
- If you're planning on having your photos done outside, book a time in the early morning or later evening. That's when the light is best, and you'll avoid harsh shadows on your lovely faces.
- And a personal quirk of mine is to remember that not everyone has to be smiling in a photo to make it a "good" photo. In fact, some of those where the kiddos are goofing off or even sad are the best ones because they show life as it really is.
Have a great day~