Well, we're one step closer to finishing the boys' bedroom. Because yesterday I was able to put the final touches on a dresser we redid for Boy #1.
The dresser is very well made, and a good size. The problem? Well, let's just say this circa 1970's piece was both a little too feminine, and well, it was.....kind of....um....how do I put this nicely? The finish was kind of....less than attractive. (And the hubby, bless his heart, had already taken out all the drawers and started sanding the dresser, when I caught him and told him I had to take some BEFORE pics.)
After sanding off the strange shiny finish, the hubby took some of his woodworking tools...
and removed the floral embellishments.
Then we sanded it some more and primed it. And after the primer dried, I went to work painting it an awesome olive-y green. Olive Moss by Benjamin Moore to be exact.
Once I got the dresser painted, I replaced the hardware - which had a "lovely" brassy floral look to it - with clean brushed nickle knobs. And here she is in all of her finished glory.
Lovin' it! And it will add a great punch of color to the boys' room. Getting close to finishing...can't wait to show you the whole room! only a couple of projects left...pinky promise.
Linking to Before and After at Thrifty Decor Chick!