8.09.2011

National S'mores Day~

Tomorrow is National S'mores Day!  And any holiday that involves chocolate is a good one in my book. 

Last year my little family celebrated National S'mores Day by making some of the most amazing s'mores ev-ah! 

So this year, I thought I'd share that fabulous recipe with you all again...it's definitely worth repeating.

Strawberry Banana S'mores

Ingredients
12 graham cracker boards
6 ounces milk chocolate
12 large marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
6 large strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
1 large banana, thinly sliced on the diagonal
12 teaspoons strawberry preserves


Directions
1. Break each graham cracker in half along perforation to form 2 squares.
2. Place 12 of the squares on a flat work surface. Layer a 1/2-ounce piece of chocolate and 2 marshmallow halves on each cracker. In batches of 4, place them on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 15 seconds, until marshmallows puff up.
3. Place a few strawberry slices and a banana slice on top of each square. Spread 1 teaspoon of preserves on one side of each remaining graham cracker and place, preserve-side down, over fruit. Press down gently; serve immediately.

(recipe from Family Circle)


Enjoy National S'mores Day!!

15 comments:

Babybluewater said...

That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

Katie said...

That smore looks AMAZING. Anything with chocolate and strawberries is wonderful in my book! Thanks for sharing!

kalanicut said...

Now this is a day I can REALLY get behind! Love it, these look incredible! I am making S'mores, must celerate and let my entire S'mores lovin' family about this exciting news. :)

Nicole said...

I had no idea! Thanks for sharing this recipe.. s'mores are my favorite!

adventuresindinner said...

National S'mores Day! I had no idea-this needs to be a day off for everyone. I'm working on a s'more cupcake right now but will need to have the classic for tonight.

SarahB said...

I would so love to try that!!

Does anyone know what the UK equivalent of a Graham Cracker is? We don't have them over here....

S x

birdie to be said...

YUM! I love how your spruced this up with the fruit! These look even better than original smores!

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

wow that looks a-mazing!

Nancy said...

I've never been a huge s'mores fan but, I think that is about to change! This recipe looks delicious. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Shabby Friends said...

Your s'mores are healthier than the average s'mores. I love the addition of fruit. Continuing to follow. Keep on keeping on. Cynthia

janet said...

Amazing..Those smores looks better than any smores I have ever made..LOL..Have a great week..
Janet

Tracy said...

Nice job! I'm personally into s'mores made with Reese's peanut butter cups, but yours look fab!

ReFresh ReStyle said...

These look so good! Thanks for sharing!
Debbie

Gwendolyn said...

I never thought of adding fruit to a smore.. what a great idea!!

Tanya Anurag said...

That looks so good :) I love Chocolate and that recipe is definitely a must-try.

Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner is going on now. Would love to have some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see ya at the party.

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html