8.11.2011

A Little Bit at a Time~




We've been in this house for over a month now, and to be honest, not much has gotten done decorating wise.  (At least most of the boxes are empty though.) And if I'm going to be completely honest, it's driving me a bit crazy.  I'm kind of one of those "get it done yesterday" types.  But we've had family in town, and next week is the kids' last week of summer vacation.  So I've been trying to take it easy.  That's also why I've been a bit scarce on the old blog.  Trying to help my littles enjoy summer in a new neighborhood.  It can be a bit challenging without all their old friends to hang out with.

So next week we're going to play and play hard!  I'm going to make sure the kiddos live it up for their last week of vacation.  And then, when they're all back at school...I'll be able to get to all my million-and-one projects.  My to-do list is quite literally pages long.  But I'm so excited! And  hope you'll all tune in to see what I have up my sleeve for this place.


I actually did get the bookshelf arranged and one of our art pieces on the wall, however.  (Pats herself on the back.)  Don't you find bookshelf arranging to be a bit challenging?  I've written about beautifying your bookshelves before...and there are lots of "rules" to follow to make your bookshelves look more appealing.  But this time around I decided to try loosely arranging the books by color.  I kind of like it.  We'll see how long it lasts. ;-)

Frugal Friday goes live tonight at 8 MST.  See y'all then!

9 comments:

For the Love of a Cottage said...

You had me at "I'm going to make sure the kiddos live it up for their last week of vacation."

Do you have any idea how much ANY child would love hearing that??

I worked all of my children's lives, still do and will ALWAYS regret it.

You are a mother who is actually being a stay-at-home mom. Yes, it is a lot of work. However, your children will remember the things you do for them forever.

I know a stay-at-home mom whose child has been in pre-school since he was born. One or two days...ok...but all week???

And, I know the house is making you a little on edge, but by golly, those children will be grown in a short time...mine are 29, 33 and 34. They will be back in school soon.

God Bless you for being this kind of mom and not one who uses Play Station to keep their children entertained.

I am sorry I rattled on, however this post just really got to my heart.

Many hugs to you and your family,
Jan

Ina said...

It's been so nice to read your posts! And this one gave me a much needed sense of peace and calm. My family and I are relocating next week! We only had a month and a half to commit and relocate due to hubby's work. With a little one starting KG in a new town and all, I plan to play and play hard as you say! Thanks for the reminder that it's ok to lay low.

Luck and hugs on your new adventures there!

Blissfully Enamored said...

LOVE the bookshelf! it looks so good! when we move into our new house...I hope to put together my bookshelf in color order! it just looks so much more organized!

adventuresindinner said...

One pretty area at a time. We still have the contents of three other rooms in our living room and now old windows are being ripped-out literally now.

We're in the homestretch but I too am a 'get it done' kind of girl and I can't roll things along any quicker than they are already.

How about we both just enjoy the rest of the summer? Fall nesting sounds good to me too.

trooppetrie said...

I love moving and unpacking and re organizing. it is the decorating that takes me forever. I think i would be enjoying the last week the kids were home to. We are really relaxing this week too

Lorrie said...

Little by little it will all come together. I like arranging my books by color sometimes - lately, though, it's been by category.

Enjoy the last week before school starts!

Sunla Designs said...

I am always inspired by the posts on your blog. I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award, and get to pass it on to 15 other excellent bloggers. Visit http://Sunla-Designs.blogspot.com for more info!

Lisa!

Laura said...

Bookshelf looks great. I feel inspired to try arranging mine by color! It's hard to make the shelf look pretty when you have lots and lots of books, and they have to go somewhere.

I feel like I have not achieved much on the to-do list this summer, but I didn't move! I did spend most of Thursday rearranging the kids' rooms- moving beds, disassembling and reassembling beds, trying to get everything to fit and give everyone a sense of having their own space. Kind of killed the furniture-moving bug for a few days!

Enjoy your last few kid-filled days! You are doing a great work!

The Remodeled Life said...

I love your bookshelf and how you arranged the books loosely by color, looks really cool. And I agree, bookshelves always seem tricker to decorate!