6.16.2011

Frugal Friday~

Welcome to this week's Frugal Friday!  First, I want to thank everyone for the birthday love this week!  You all made my birthday lovely! 

Next, I have to be a bit of a Debbie Downer...which I hate to do on the blog.  But, I have something that needs addressing about the Frugal Friday linky party. 

Most of you that link up are wonderful about sticking to "the rules".  But there are a few who aren't.  I've been pretty lenient about letting those posts remain up because there weren't very many, but I've noticed that there seem to be more and more of them.  Because I want Frugal Friday to be a place of  inspiration for my readers, I feel like I finally have to address the problem. 

First, if the post you want to link to the party is really nothing more than a glorified advertisement (for your shop,  your own link party, or just your blog), I will remove it.  Second, if your post has nothing to do with DIYs, decorating, entertaining, recipes, etc.  please refrain from posting it.  Frugal Friday posts should inspire my readers with things they can do themselves or give them ideas for projects.  This is not a forum to discuss your personal feelings about things.  Neither is it a place to link up your vacation pics etc.  Those things are great, but they aren't for this party. 

Please also use common courtesy and link back to The Shabby Nest.  I will not remove your post if it doesn't link back, but not linking back shows a lack of blog etiquette.  Okay, 'nuff said.  I really hate to be negative at all, but since Frugal Friday is such a fun place to visit, I want to keep it that way.  I know you all understand.

Soooo, now that I'm off my soap box, here are a few of my favorite posts from last week for this week's Frugal Round-up...

First up, I Design shared her FABULOUS stone wall.  I just love this!  Such great texture and movement. 


Next, My Hydrangea Home shared her pretty laundry room reno.  This room would almost make doing laundry enjoyable...almost. ;-)


Clean & Scentsible shared her cute and workable Kitchen Command Center.


Finally, Dwelling Room Interiors shared a great Aged Metal Letter tutorial.  Love these!!


Now it's your turn...

Your know "da rules"...

1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back the Shabby Nest (you can use the pretty new button on my side bar to make it easy.)
3. Please visit other participants and leave them comments!  Help them feel "the love!"


24 comments:

Maggie @ Midwestern {Sewing} Girl said...

Thank you so so much for hosting, Wendy! I adore that laundry makeover...oh my goodness, it's prettier than any room in my whole house! ;) Have a great weekend!

Decorchick! said...

Thank you so much for hosting Wendy! FF has always been one of my favorite parties. And happy belated birthday to you!! I'm so sorry I missed it. :(

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Thanks for hosting this blog party.

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a great Friday!

Katie said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Great highlights! I love those aged letters!

Katie said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Great highlights! I love those aged letters!

NC Sue said...

Thank you for hosting.
I have a page on my site that lists more than 250 hops, memes, and photo challenges… some for each day of the week. Yours is listed there, too! Check under the header for the link to that page. I’ve also started a BlogFrog community that focuses on hops, carnivals, memes, and photo challenges. Go to http://theblogfrog.com/1504201 to visit & participate.
NCSue

NC Sue said...

Thank you for hosting.
I have a page on my site that lists more than 250 hops, memes, and photo challenges… some for each day of the week. Yours is listed there, too! Check under the header for the link to that page. I’ve also started a BlogFrog community that focuses on hops, carnivals, memes, and photo challenges. Go to http://theblogfrog.com/1504201 to visit & participate.
NCSue

adventuresindinner said...

Thanks so much for being a gracious hostess.

I can hardly wait to see everything this week!

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

Wendy- thank you so much for hosting this party each week- I so enjoy looking through the links and being inspired. I haven't linked anything in a while but I did tonight- #61. I hope you're having a wonderful day and happy belated birthday!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thank you for hosting these great weekend link parties. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!
M.L.

NYCLQ said...

Thanks for hosting!! Three faves have to be Sneak Peak, Gray Bar and Accent wall (great idea to wall paper section and frame it!

:D Lynda

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hey, Wendy! It's been a while since I've been able to link up. So glad to be a part of your party!

liZ evans said...

We love your blog and your link parties---they are always so big and so fun. We keep a permanent link to you on our side bar. (Others come and go but you are always there.)

Thank you for hosting.
liZ

Jenn said...

Thanks so much for hosting and the feature! Those metal letters are great - pinned them! Have a great weekend. :)

janet said...

Morning Wendy!

what a fun party...so happy to be joining this week.

Happy Father's Day to Mr. SN

Janet xox
http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

adventuresindinner said...

Is it my imagination or is everyone particularily clever this week?

Melissa said...

Wow great features! Thank you for hosting! Happy belated birthday to you. I hope it was wonderful! Have a great weekend.

Melissa
vintagemellie.blogspot.com

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Thanks for highlighting my laundry room Wendy! You got it right - it "almost" makes doing laundry better. Have a great weekend!

howtonestforless.com said...

Thank you for hosting this week! Love that stone wall you featured (and of course that amazing coffered ceiling to go with it!).

Erin
How to Nest for Less
www.howtonestforless.com

Lolly Jane said...

happy {belated} birthday!! and thanks for hosting. I love all the ruffles in the laundry room, good pick! ;)

Mary said...

Hi, thanks for hosting the linky party. I'm linked up, got your button on my blog post, and now I'm off to visit some of the eye candy!

Mary @ Redo 101

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage.com said...

Wendy, thank you for hostessing!

Mailbox Moments said...

This is my first time to join. Our mom/daughter blog is new. We trade letters back and forth from Utah to Hawaii. She just moved there. We'd love for you to stop by.

Lesa
www.mailboxmoments.blogspot.com