5.18.2011

Longing for a Normal Day~

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."  
                                                                                                     -Mary Jean Iron

I ran across this quote the other day, and rarely has a quote struck me with such intensity.  I feel like I  haven't seen a "normal" day in ages.  A day that is just a day.  A day without worry, or fear, or crisis, or craziness.  I wonder if they even exist.  Of course, wonderful things happen too...and those sorts of "not normal" days I can handle.  But right now, the stress is a little much.


And I apologize to you,  my dear readers, for the lack of fun projects and DIYs on the old blog of late,  but since we are getting ready to move, home projects are obviously on haitus. 

Also, and more importantly, Mr. Two, my 5-year-old has surgery scheduled for tomorrow.  It's outpatient surgery, and fairly typical procedures, but still, when it's your baby that's having surgery, it's nerve-wracking.  I haven't had a good night's sleep in days.  Since we have such a wonderful corner of the blogosphere,  may I ask you to please remember my little guy in your prayers.  I would really appreciate it! 

Thanks and much love!
Wendy

26 comments:

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

It is never "minor" when it's your child having the surgery. Hope and pray that everything goes well, and that your capacity to bear your burdens with patience will be increased!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

I agree, of all the stresses, worrying about our children is at the top. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.
The family photo is so pretty! My favourite colours and clothing choices and you guys look so great. I am inspired to try one of us.

Cozy Little House said...

We'll still be here. He'll be fine. Will keep him in my thoughts.
Brenda

adventuresindinner said...

You are terrific no matter what.

Of course you'll worry about your baby. Who wouldn't?

Prayers and happy thoughts sent your way.

Isn't "normal" overrated anyway?

B's Mommy said...

Sending you blessing and well wishes.

Holly Kennedy said...

Hanging there! Holding you and your family in prayer!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Best wishes for your lovely family!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I will certainly keep your little guy in my prayers! Such a wonderful family picture too!

jociegal said...

Amazing quote. Wow.

Thinking good thoughts for your little guy!

Starla said...

Praying that your little on will have a perfect outcome and that you will have perfect peace. Blessing to your family.

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

saying a little prayer for you and yours

Laura said...

You've had so much on your plate this past year and have handled everything with such grace, strength & courage. I'll be thinking good thoughts for your little guy tomorrow as well as some peace (and sleep!) for you.

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

That really resonated with me and is appropriate over here right now. I will absolutely pray for your little one and that you sleep well very soon.

barbara@hodge:podge said...

Sending you hugs! Moving and surgery, that is a lot on your place!

freckled laundry said...

Will say a little prayer for Mr. Two. Beautiful family photo!

Peggy said...

Oh what a beautiful family photo! I will most definitely be keeping you all in prayer!!! Not only you and your family but the doctor and staff as well. I do understand completely about the concern of your child having surgery, been there-done that! And I'll continue to keep your move in prayer as well. Take care now!

carol ann said...

Remembering your little son in my prayers!

Carol@SofasandSage.com said...

Always happy to pray for a little one! I'm sure all will go well. And to normal days? They took on new meaning the minute we became moms. Nothing is ever minor when you love your child. As you know, we feel the pain of even their smallest scrape. I wish you all well.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Saying a little prayer...
What a beautiful family portrait!
Blessings!!

Andrea said...

I've had a child go through surgery (my daughter when she was 1), and no matter how routine, it's still a huge worry and stress. He'll do great, and so will you. Praying for some boring days in your future....

Studio Valerie said...

I will most definitely pray for Mr. Two! It's always hard when your little ones are going through something, even when those little ones become big ones. Growing up doesn't mean they stop being our babies! Your family is beautiful. I wish you lots of normal days in the very near future.

janet said...

I have to agree with you..That is a beautiful quote..What a gorgeous family you have..I will say a prayer for your little guy..Hoping all goes well for him..
Janet

Shelley said...

He will be in my prayers! And may many normal days head your way :)

Shelley

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Sending good thoughts and a prayer to you and yours.
Such a fantastic photo of your family :)

paige said...

good morning sweet wendy.
first of all i will be praying for your baby. i also will pray for ya'll during what sounds like a super busy time. i agree, a simple day free of craziness or stress is priceless. i vowed years ago while going through a crisis that i would never take that type day for granted either.
i'm behind in my blog visits so i didn't know ya'll were moving. hope this is a good kind of stress.

the family picture is fabulous!!
ya'll are one good looking group~

tessie said...

Hoping that everything goes perfectly today. I have been following your blog for quite a while now, and you certainly have had so many streeses thrust upon your family. You seem to have met these challanges with so much grace-you are an inspiration. On a lighter note-I love the new deign you have, just beautiful! I also love the quote you shared-it reminds me of a scene in 'Our Town' when we are reminded to appreciate each, simple day-not to let it pass unnoticed.