5.24.2011

A Favorite Summer Recipe: Cowboy Caviar~

This chunky salsa-style dip is a perfect addition to your summer menu.  It has been a favorite of my family ever since my cute sister-in-law introduced it to us a few years ago... I have a feeling you're going to love it too.

Cowboy Caviar

Ingredients:

1 can corn  - drained
1 can black beans - drained
1 can black eyed peas - drained
1/2 green pepper - diced
1/2 red pepper - diced
1 bunch green onions - chopped
1 container grape tomatoes - cut in halves

Mix packet of Good Seasons Italian Dressing according to package directions.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and pour dressing over top.  Can be served immediately, but marinating overnight is recommended.



We like to serve it as a dip with corn chips, but it is also FABULOUS served over green salad or with grilled chicken or fish. 

Bon Appetit!!

Linking up to Rhoda's Summer Recipe party!

16 comments:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Yummmmy!! Thanks, I'll try this at our next gathering!!
Blessings!!

Jennifer said...

I love this stuff! I make something similar but we call it Carolina Caviar. Yum!
Jen

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

It looks perfectly delicious! LOVE the new look of your blog! Janell

allycupe said...

Funny one of my signature salads, it very close to this...it's always a smash at a potluck. I'm going to try your version as well!

adventuresindinner said...

Looks terrific and like a real crowd pleaser.

ReFresh ReStyle said...

Looks delicious! I'm going to try this one!
Debbie

Anna said...

My mom does this almost same thing but we add avocado sometimes or cactus!

B's Mommy said...

Yummy Ya'll!! ;)

Christina Klas said...

YES! I want... correction... NEED this! Yum!

Decorchick! said...

Mmmm I am so going to make this. Like, maybe right now. :)

P.S.- love the new site design too!

The mum of all trades said...

I love the name, cowboy caviar, so funny. it looks delicious.

the modern cottage said...

Oh yum! I am going to make that.

Comfy Cook said...

I want to be a cowgirl so I can eat this eye catching salad.

Stephanie said...

We've always called this Texas Caviar, and it's always a hit at whatever gathering I take it too. Our variation though is that for the sauce/dressing we use 1/2 cup Zesty Italian and 1/2 cup Catalina or Sweet and Spicy French dressing. SO good!

Penny@ "WDWS Design Trends" said...

We loved it....thanks for sharing. My husband and 21 yr. old ate the entire double batch I made in one evening!!!!

Stephanie said...

I just got done making this, I'm not usuallya big fan of peppers and onions but this dip is awesome! Thanks for sharing.