5.26.2011

A Beachy Summer Mantel~

Because we are getting ready to move, I wanted to keep my summer mantel clean and simple.  I opted to go for a serene color palette of sand and white, and to use beachy details to give me that summer on the beach feeling.



I started by using the summer lanterns that I shared in this post.



Then I just added in my jar full of seashells, and a few starfish.




Really that's all there was to it.  I really like the understated look.  There's no doubt that it celebrates summer, however.  Nothing like seashells and starfish to create a summer-y statement. 


Linking up to Layla's  Summer Mantel Party.


Have a great day~

15 comments:

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

It looks great. Simple and yet so much interest and texture. I love beachy, but especially in the summer.

adventuresindinner said...

I love the freshness of this mantle.

Inez of Style Chic....360 said...

so cute and fresh! LOVE IT!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Wendy I LOVE it!! Martina

Tanya said...

Simple design is often what I'm drawn to. That effortless, beachy look is perfect for summer.

Kristin said...

I'm all about simplicity! Love the rice in the candle jars. Never would have thought to use that, but a great idea!

Katie said...

Wendy, this mantle is so pretty! I'm loving it! Great job!

LuLu said...

Looks summerterific!!!!
xo,
LuLu

BeingBrook said...

Love it! The rice is a great idea.

babybluewater said...

I love it! It's so pretty :) You've given me some ideas for the future. Thanks!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

the whites are all so pretty! LOVE the idea of the rice in the jars with the white candles!

MyBluePeacock said...

This is gorge-ous!!!! I really love it, so simple yet stunning!

Ami w/AliLilly said...

Thanks again for the inspiration!! You were part of the inspiration behind my new summer mantel!! :)

http://alililly.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-summer-mantel.html

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I love the clean white look. And I'm loving the shells and starfish!!

MELANIE said...

Hi...visiting over from the party. I have to say that you pic caught my eye because I used similar materials in my mantle. Also I love anyone who uses rice to decorate...I thought it was just me.

What an awesome mantle!


MJ
Lucky 7 Design