2.10.2011

Frugal Friday~

Last week was the biggest Frugal Friday linky party to date with over 400 posts! That's a lot of inspiration!! I found great posts by the bucketful.

For my frugal round-up I decided to share a few of the fun Valentine's posts...and one that isn't Valentine's-y but that I just couldn't resist sharing...


First up, Moms by Heart shared some free Valentine's printables. Still in need of unique Valentine's for your kids' class? Check out these ideas.



Modern Country Style shared her Wedding Cushion...I just love how they call pillows cushions in England, don't you? Wonderful idea to show your significant other what they mean to you!



And a couple of Valentine's treats I couldn't resist sharing...

I LOVE sugar cookies...and these pink cookies with chocolate on top...oh yeah! Find them at This Chick Cooks.


At Alison's Wonder Scraporium you can learn how to make these ADORABLE heart-filled cupcakes. Too. Cute. For. Words. Seriously.


Finally, the non-Valentine's-y post I HAD to share. You probably all know by now that I have a soft spot in my little designer heart for nurseries and children's rooms. So I absolutely love this nursery shared by Lunden Lou. So pretty.


Okay, it's your turn.

You know da rules.

1.Please link directly to your post, not just to your blog.
2.Please link back to The Shabby Nest...share the frugal goodness.

I reserve the right to remove any posts that are not in keeping with the spirit of Frugal Friday including but not limited to, those that link to your shop, those that link to your giveaway, those that to your linky party. Let's all play fair m'kay?


22 comments:

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Thanks for hosting! Always love the links in this blog party.

Creative Escapes said...

Thank you so much for hosting! I posted #22 the Dress up Center - I made it out of my girls baby armoire.

Jennifer said...

Happy (almost) Friday! Thanks for hosting! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Diann said...

So, many cute ideas!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

thanks for hosting- even with all the stresses you have right now, you still throw a good party!

ErinKJ said...

WOW! You featured My Girl's nursery! I am flattered!!! Love you blog and your ideas! Keep up the great blogging and decorating!
Erin

The Starr Family said...

Thanks for hosting!

Seriously hope your weekend perks up... look for the daffodils under all that snow!

Steph said...

Thank you for hosting! Take care.

Ellie said...

Thanks for hosting! That nursery (and the story behind it) is amazing!

Jeanne said...

400! Holy Crap! the nursery..WOW.
Good pick.

xox Jeanne.
http://beeskneesbungalow.blogspot.com/

Dear Lillie said...

Wow!!!! I am in LOVE with that nursery! I thought I had decided what I was going to do for mine but now I am having second thoughts - ahhhh!!!!

This is my first time linking up to Frugal Friday. It took me a few minutes but I just got links back to you added to my posts!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend, Wendy!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Ooooh, that's my cushion!! Thank you for picking it out.

And for the record, I love it that you call them pillows!! I love it because that's what we call pillows that you put your head on to sleep at night so it conjures up images of cosy restfulness. ;-)

Sarahx

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Thanks for hosting and featuring my cookies :) Have a wonderful weekend.

Alison @ Alison's Wonder Scraporium said...

Thanks for the feature! You're so awesome! Happy Friday, Alison :)

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Thanks for hosting. THis is my first time here, and joining in. What a gorgeous blog you have.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Thanks for hosting!

Humble Homemaker said...

I just found your blog and I love it. :) I joined the party and became a follower! Have a great day. :)

Lori@momsbyheart.net said...

Wow - thanks for featuring my free printable!

Richella said...

Let's see, Wendy. . . I think I'm Link #326. Wow, what a party you've created here! :)

I'm linking a little table transformation I did this week. "Frugal" is a good description for it, for I spent NO money on it whatsoever! I just love it when that happens.

Thank you for being such a gracious hostess!

CherishedBliss said...

since I just LOVE your blog...I have given you the "stylish Blog" award. You can pick it up along with the instructions on my blog : ) Check it out if you have some extra time.

www.cherishedbliss.com

Lolly Jane said...

thanks for hosting! happy wknd! (:

Jodie said...

I'm a new follower and just linked up. Thank you for hosting! I look forward to following your blog!