12.01.2010

Our Christmas Cards~

This post is sponsored by Cardstore.com

I am so excited about this year's Christmas cards! You see, the Hubby and I had a vision of what we wanted. (If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you might recall that John is a photographer.) And he is finally doing well enough after his car accident that we could do a little photo shoot with the kiddos.

We wanted a picture of the kids asleep. Yep, you heard right...asleep. Okay, so that wasn't going to happen naturally. And a little bribery may have been involved. But, oh. my. goodness . did we end up with a beautiful picture. I think it's absolutely perfect. Good little actors, those kiddos.




A picture this sweet needed to be made into a FABULOUS Christmas card. And I wasn't going to trust that to just anyone.

So I turned to Cardstore.com. Cardstore.com has an amazing selection of holiday cards to choose from. We're talking oodles and oodles of options here, people. And they don't have to just be photo cards...although those are definitely my favorite! They have a great selection of non-photo Christmas cards as well, not to mention gift tags - with or without photos, invitations, etc. etc. etc.




A couple of the super-fantastic options from Cardstore.com

It took me a while to sift through all of the possibilities but I finally found the perfect card for our perfect photo. And I tell you, Cardstore.com was so fast, the cards shipped out the very next day! I couldn't believe it! And I was so happy with them once they arrived. The colors are beautiful and the cards are made of heavy, pretty cardstock. None of that flimsy photo paper. I just love them! Look at them all nestled in their shipping box. Aren't they pretty?


And the good people at Cardstore.com have offered the readers of The Shabby Nest a 20% discount on your first Cardstore.com purchase! All you have to do is enter the code CSHOLIDAY20 at checkout! That's it!!


Legal stuff: Cardstore.com offered me free merchandise in exchange for my review of their site, but all of my opinions are 100% mine.


Oh and one more thing...I just wanted to thank you all my FABULOUS readers!!! Over the weekend, this little ol' blog reached 2,000,000 pageviews!!! 2 Million!!! and 1000 likes on Facebook! You guys are THE BEST!!! I just love you all to pieces!

Have a great day~



26 comments:

kebowman said...

ahh! your christmas cards are so stinkin' cute! i love them!!!

~ Rachel Pallas ~ said...

Absolutely adorable!!!! :) Rachel
Hi Wendy~ Im having my first giveaway on my blog if you want to enter too!!! French..burlap and lavender...
*FrenchFarmhouse425*

Emily @ Finding My Aloha said...

Oh they turned out beautifully! I am excited for ours too! I did it through Shutterfly though (blogger promo) Cant wait to see them. What a darling picture!

Miss Sew & So said...

L.O.V.E your christmas card- those kiddos are adorable....

& the packaging in that box is a gift in itself!
I'll be heading over there in a minute!

also love your mantle...super lovely silver & white- that's how I've done ours this year....

lovely to have found you!

Melissa x

PS congrats on those stats....what a blog!!!

Peggy Lee said...

The cards, the service, the packaging...but the KIDS!!!
OH MY...you have a beautiful family.

Absolutely lovely!

Jennifer said...

Wow congrats on the page views and likes! That's fantastic! <3

I love the card - you did a fabulous job getting the kids to fake it =)

xoXOxo
Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons

Starwood Country Creations said...

Beautiful Card!

jeana said...

Now that's just precious. Precious!

Kelly said...

Absolutely divine!

Kelly

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

Very cute card,precious children.

Lou and Mel said...

Ahhh sleeping children - a beautiful sight!

Kirby said...

I absolutely love this! You have beautiful children! "All is calm..." :)
Kirby @ kirbyathome.blogspot.com

Dear Lillie said...

First- I LOVE your Christmas card photo! Your kids are darling and what a great idea and a beautiful shot.

Second - thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I have been following yours for quite some time now and have been absolutely in love with it. In fact I was just telling someone the other day about the sock monkey room! So, I was completely excited and thought it couldn't possibly be you from the famous shabby nest blog writing on mine! Needless to say I was tickled pink when it was!

Have a blessed Christmas season!

Missy said...

Having them sleep was really creative. It definitely goes for the "peaceful" theme. Love it!

Lindsay said...

Adorable!

coolkids said...

great card and adorable kids.
I have an adorable hat giveaway today. stop by! thecoolkidsblog.com

Carol said...

Your cards are breathtaking... Don't you just love when a photo comes out perfectly?

Carol
antiquetexan.blogspot.com

Robin said...

How adorable! they did great!

**Anne** said...

Absolutely glorious cards. Your children are gogeous and the young man on the right hand side of the photo looks like he is concentrating very hard to stay asleep. :)
Have a lovely day,
Anne

glor said...

I love the card! What beautiful children and they do look like they are sleeping! Must have been some bribe!! And worth it.

Summerland Cottage Studio said...

TOO CUTE !!!
Happy Holiday

Padmasari said...

Very pretty. Lovely!
You're so creative and talented.
God bless.

Anna See said...

Perfect!!

Samantha said...

Hmmm...what am I doing wrong? Your pictures are not showing up for me. The examples from Cardstore are, but not yours. I couldn't see all of the pics from your last post either. :-(

We're going to be doing our Christmas pictures tomorrow, so I'm on the hunt for ideas and for a place to print them. So your post is super timely for me!

Thanks!

anneoverbeek.blogspot.com said...

Your Christmas cards and children are beautiful...

What type of camera did you use for this photo? Just taking a poll from some of my favorite photo's on blogs before I purchase my next one. Thanks in advance!

Merry Christmas!!

Kerry Rossow said...

Holy gorgeous! These are so sweet! I accidentally clicked the wrong thumbnail when ordering ours. My kiddos ranged from looking like they were on the verge of tears, to fake and strained smiler, to ET's twin!
These are keepers!
Kerry at HouseTalkN