11.01.2010

Well, Hello There November!


My goodness, this year is flying by!! You'd think I wouldn't be saying that since I've spent the last two months nursing the Hubby back to health from his accident. But I can't believe it's November already!


Speaking of the Hubby, it's been a while since I've given you all an update on his condition. For those of you who are new around these parts, or who just haven't heard, John was in a very serious car accident at the end of August. He fell asleep at the wheel and hit a light pole totalling his car, and breaking his leg at the femur, the knee, the shin and the ankle. He also broke eight ribs and punctured his lung. But, they say he shouldn't have lived through it, so despite the injuries he sustained, we are really thankful. Annnnd, now, two months later the Hubby is doing pretty well. He got his knee brace off last week, and now only has a boot to deal with. He has also "graduated" from a walker to crutches, although he still used the wheelchair when we do anything as bold as going grocery shopping. His Orthopedic Surgeon is hopeful that he will be able to walk without crutches in about a month. Here's hoping!


And now that's it's November, I have a bunch of projects lined up.... a little spruce up of the Princess' room, a pretty pillow tutorial, autumn inspiration and more! So keep visiting for lots of fun!


Finally, in the spirit of Thanksgiving which we celebrate this month, each day of November I am going to share something that I am thankful for. Today, I am thankful that the Hubby is healing well. I hope you'll join me in a daily remembrance of the many things we have to be thankful for. Because despite the trials, there is always something to be thankful for, and finding those things makes life a lot more bearable. :-)


Have a great day~

17 comments:

Lorri said...

I agree! We all need to take a few minutes and remember all our blessings! You have inspired me to do the same on my blog (hope that is ok!). Go hug your husband and tell him that we all wish him the best!

www.lizardsandlollipops-3.blogspot.com

Peggy said...

What a great idea! I think I am going to have to implement something as well... (i've been so negligent!)

I am glad to hear your hubby is doing so well! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers!

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com said...

What a great idea Wendy. And I'm so glad your hubby is feeling better. Hang in there - we're still keeping you all in our prayers. :)

gayla said...

Wow, I am so thankful your husband survived and is healing so well! Here's to a wonderful season of Thanksgiving!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Yes, so much to be thankful for, I'll try and remember that when I post, so glad your husband is healing so well!

Rondell

Finding Home said...

So very glad that your husband is dealing well. Thanks for giving us all perspective to not get caught up in the little annoyances of life!

Here's to a great November!

Laura from Finding Home

Life with my sweeties said...

I haven't posted in lately but have been reading for awhile! I am so glad your hubby is doing better!!! I can't wait to see your projects!!!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

So glad to hear good news! I've been praying for your family and have wondered how he's been recovering. Thanks for the update!

Lindsay said...

So glad to hear your hubby is recovering nicely. I love this feature of thankfulness. I may have to join in with you! HUGS

Taylor-Ann said...

I am so glad to hear the hubs is on the mend. Is that a picture from your street? Totally jealous of the beautiful colors. Here is CA its still 80 degrees ( I think summer decided to be fashionably late this year). :o) I love your idea of giving thanks for something everyday...I might just steal that idea from you...hope you don't mind.

Michaela said...

So glad to hear he's doing better! I've been praying for him. What a miracle! I love November (: Can't wait to see some of your new projects (:

Andi's English Attic said...

So glad your husband is on the mend, slowly but surely. xx

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I'm so glad to hear that your hubby is healing nicely. Here's to a complete recovery very soon! :)

Kim said...

So happy to hear he is doing better. I love your idea of posting what you're thankful for.

Connie said...

Again I'm reading a blog about the power of our God is healing our loved ones. His love never fails us does it. So glad to hear your hubby is healing, slowing but surely. Keep the faith. This trail is showing all of us the blessings God grants his children.

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

The year is flying by. Since my brother's passing 6 months ago, I have been in a fog but there is something soothing about the Fall that I love. I must enjoy every day and live in the present.

Carol said...

So glad to hear a positive update on your other half! Situations like this definitely remind us how blessed we really are.

Carol
antiquetexan.blogspot.com